The Good Ol' Days

Y/N's POV

"What's on your mind?" Dr. Kelly asked.

I was sitting in a therapist's office with my arms crossed and a blank face. I've been home for nearly 2 weeks, and everyone claims there's some little changes about me. I just think if I look and overall seem like the same person there's no real issue. Clearly no one agrees and that's why Ashley had to drag me here.

Literally.

"Why am I here?" I retorted.

"Let's not answer questions with questions." He chuckled.

"Why?" I replied quickly.

"How about I ask the questions?" He smiled.

"Is that what you would prefer?" I smirked.

"How about I tell you a little something about myself?" I gestured for him to continue. "I was born and raised in Greensboro, North Carolina. I have 2 younger sisters, making me the oldest. I have a dog, and I am happily married with one daughter." He finished. After a pause he spoke up. "Tell me about your childhood." He sighed.

"I'm still a child." I answered.

"You didn't answer with a question!" I groaned while the doctor cheered. "Score 1-3. I'll catch up by the end of today. Let me rephrase my question. How has your life been up until now?"

"Pretty good. I love my family and they love me. I've been bullied, but never to the point wher-. My life has been good." I started to get upset and slightly uncomfortable so I shifted in my seat. Dr. Kelly noticed.

"Have you ever told anyone about being bullied?" He asked.

"No." I mumbled. "It's not that serious."

"Why is that?"

"My family has other things to worry about."

"So they never ask you how your day went or if you're feeling okay?"

"Of course they do. Everyday at dinner." I waved him off.

"So...they do care. At least enough to ask." He suggested. I squinted my eyes at him as he put his hands up in defense.

"Shouldn't you be writing something down or something?"

"I think that makes therapists look insensitive. I'd rather sit and listen, then take down my observations." He smiled.

"It's some guys from school. One of them told me they had a crush on me. I turned him down. He told everyone I'm a dyke. They would beat me up. Call me names. I would cover everything up. Smile. Keep it pushing." I admitted. I often spoke in small sentences when I was scared of judgement. I also made sure to avoid eye contact by staring out the window. The scenery somehow keeping me from crying.

"How long ago was this?"

"Five years ago."

"When did it stop?"

"When I started getting home schooled, four months ago." I finally looked over at him to see his eyes go wide for a second before he recomposed himself.

"You were bullied for 5 years and you never told anyone about it?"

"I couldn't even imagine telling them. Especially my older sister."

"Why?"

"Then I would have to tell them that it was kinda true."

"You're bisexual?"

"Did I just come out to someone I met a little while ago?" I asked aloud.

"If it makes you feel any better I'm gay." He said happily.