Mine

Y/N's POV

"What are we?" I asked the 17 year old.

We were in the studio waiting for Ashley to get there. I was laying in between Lani, staring at the ceiling, while she played in my hair.

"Whatever you want to be." She joked before a moment of silence. "I like you Y/N. I think I always have."

"So all the flirting,"

"Yeah. I mean... I was playing around at first. You were always so nervous around me." She recalled with a chuckle.

"Because pretty women are intimidating!" I groaned.

"Is that so?" She asked clearly amused.

"Oh yeah. If I was ever in the presence of Beyonce, Rihanna, J-Lo, Alicia Key-"

"Stop talking." She cut me off.

"I'm just saying if Naya Rivera was standing right in fro-" I was cut off by Kehlani kissing me this time.

"I said stop talking." She mumbled after breaking the kiss to hold my cheek.

This time I only nodded in response. She smiled widely at me.

We had been on exactly 10 dates since I came back from New York. Then, after careful planing, I asked the girl of my dreams to be mine.

Today was the day that I was going to ask Kehlani to be my girlfriend. We had both agreed that there was no better company than each other. We sat down and really discussed our feelings. She made me feel like we were on the same level.

1 minute to midnight.

Here goes nothing.

"Lani come here a minute?" I asked after walking up to her.

She excused herself before following my into the somewhat secluded hall.

"What's up chicken butt?" She asked with a goofy smile, which only made me smile in return.

"I like you." I sighed.

"I like you too." She said confused.

"Good cause that makes this so much easier." I joked.

"What are you up to?" She asked, her confusion only growing.

"I got you something." I somewhat disregarded her question.

Then I motioned for her to turn around. She quirked an eyebrow, but did it anyway. I took a deep breath before placing the necklace around her neck.

 I took a deep breath before placing the necklace around her neck

"Her one? What's so special about tomorrow's date?"

30 seconds to midnight.

"I doubt I have ever told you how much you mean to me, because when I think of you there are always so many thing I want to say. It's the opposite of being lost for words. You are the epitome of extraordinary. You bring out a better me, and I want to do the same for you." I pulled my matching necklace out of my shirt. "If you don't mind being my one," I said before grabbing her hands. "I would very much like to be your only."