Move

Y/N's POV

"Hansen!" Coach yelled as I ran to interfere with the offense. I stole the ball easy. Who dribbles with their right on a left side layup? Amateurs. I dribbled slowly back to our side of the court.

"Perfect Pair! Perfect Pair! Perfect Pair!" Perfect Pair. That's what they called me and Ashley. Ashley was high post today because there was an easy 2-3 zone defense. Ashley wasn't all the tall either, but she's good for putting the ball up. I'm good in and out of the paint. 90% inside and 65% outside. I'm clearly playing basketball in college...I think.

I passed to the other guard that was up with me. She passed it back and waited for the magic to happen. I got the ball at the top of the key with 5 seconds left. I went straight for the basket, but I wasn't going for a layup. I leaped close enough to the basket and bounced the ball off the backboard. Then I got under the basket as I heard Ashley behind me. Perfect alley oop. We did our handshake as the crowd went wild. 67-23. Nobody would've thought this was a high school team if they hadn't seen it in person.

"Your assists make me so happy Y/N" Coach Mason fake cried before he ruffled my hair. I laughed and pushed him off of me.

"I do it for the team" I said holding up a W with my fingers.

"Ok sure. Get changed kid, we're going out. My treat."

"Oh it's lit!" I said before I ran to the locker room where most of my team already was.

"Hey, good game everyone. There was great passes, good defense, and the screens are working well enough. I'm a proud captain!" Ashley exclaimed.

"Yeah, just don't mention how you almost fouled out Ash." I laughed. Of course the team laughed with me as Ashley gave me a fake smile.

"Don't forget who I am Hansen" she threatened.

"You right. Okay everyone, 3 minutes let's go!" I said

"3 MINUTES?" The entire team questioned.

"Yup, everyone in the van in 5. Lunch is on coach." I informed

3 minutes is when we need to get things done. We use it in the locker room, during practice, and inside jokes. It's funniest after practice or a game. We all change and start throwing things. Then we all look like a hot mess with messy buns and slides on the wrong feet but it's ok, I wouldn't want my team to be any other way.

I also time the team while we do it. In 2 minutes and 16 seconds everyone is slowly walking to the van. In 3 minutes and 5 seconds everyone is ready to go. Get you an organized team ok.

"Roll call!" Ashley yelled.

"Sharp" Me

"Call" Alexis

"Short stack" Leah

"Crazy" Christina

"Dribble" Emily

"MJ" Maliyah

"Big" Destiny

"Glass" Kayla

...

"GREEN" everyone yells.

"My bad. Green" Sam

"Hulk" Ashley

"Magic!" The whole team shouts.

"Sounds good to me." Coach shrugs.

"Everyone's here sir."

"When will you actually drop that Hansen?"

"The same day we drop our winning streak sir" Everyone died after hearing this.