Sorry??

Dinah's POV

It kinda hurts. Having to celebrate your birthday without your closest sibling. I figured I would have to get used to it, if I do continue with X Factor. It doesn't help that we share the same birthday either. I probably overreacted: being shallow towards my family and hanging out with my friends over them. It's whatever now. I look over to see that Y/N had called me 18 times and left 42 texts. I don't even know why I'm ignoring her after we just fought, but she should've told me she was leaving. I texted Nela, confirming that we could hang out tomorrow. I had been hanging out with him and our friends a lot lately. I just wanted to enjoy being a teenager for a while before I leave.

Y/N's POV

After my many attempts to call Dinah, I gave up. Instead of doing nothing I grabbed my electronic keyboard, my journal, my small backpack, and my sweatshirt and headed to the backyard.

10:24 p.m.

Some of the family were asleep but most were up and getting ready to get some rest. For a while I just looked at the stars. I've had an obsession with the stars for a while, but tonight's sky seemed too perfect to be taken for granted. I searched through my backpack for my Polaroid and took a picture.

 I searched through my backpack for my Polaroid and took a picture

It was almost perfect. There was something about this moment that felt really strong. The only way I could express it at the moment was with my favorite journal and pen.

I fell in love next to you
Burning fires in this room
It just fits, light and smooth
Like my feet in my shoes
Little one, lie with me
Sew you heart to my sleeve
We'll stay quiet underneath
Shooting stars if it helps you sleep
And hold me tight, don't let me breathe
Feeling like you won't believe

It wasn't like me to write a love song, since I've never been in it. However, sometimes I would draw inspiration from the couples in my family. I guess, right now I was thinking of all the stories my father would tell me about mom.

There's a firefly loose tonight
Better catch it before it burns this place down
And I lie if I don't feel so right
But the world looks better through your eyes

There's a firefly loose tonight
Better catch it before it burns this place down
And I lie if I don't feel so right
But the world looks better through your eyes

Teach my skin those new tricks
Warm me up with your lips
Heart to heart, melt me down
It's too cold in this town
Close your eyes, lean on me
Face to mouth, lips to cheek
Feeling numb in my feet
You're the one
To help me get to sleep