46| Dead Inside

Time goes by and I can't control my mind

-Ariana Grande

Theo

The next two hours were the hardest hours of my life. I'd tried not to blow up and stay calm because I knew being mad wouldn't help here. She needed me and I didn't know where she was. I didn't know where that stupid motherfucker was keeping her. He would pay for sure, but right now she was my priority.

We hadn't told Bridget because she had an important paper tomorrow and I didn't want her to mess it up. Mason knew, and he'd sounded furious as well as worried on the phone. I'd promised him to keep her safe, and I'd broken that. She wasn't safe. But I was going to find her, under any condition.

"Theo, dude." Dean suddenly came to me. He looked alarmed. "Scott is fifteen minutes away from the outskirts of the town. He saw Noah."

"What?" I got up as fast as lightning. "Where?"

"He's following him. I'm gonna go to the cops right now, okay? Fuck the twenty four hour bullshit. Call Scott and ask him for the location, go with him. I'll call her Uncle as well."

"Okay." I grabbed my jacket, picking up the keys. I looked behind me one last time. "Dean," I waited till his eyes met mine. "Thanks man, I appreciate it."

He waved a hand. "You're my best friend, dude. You would've done the same. And she's my friend as well."

I called Scott on my way, following the directions he'd given me. He'd said that Noah was on foot, so catching up to him would be easy. There was a possibility that he was not going to where Mia was, but deep down I knew he'd want to spend every single moment with her and not waste any time. I knew my angel would be fighting him, but she didn't need to do that alone anymore.

"Theo, he's outside a building. It looks old and rusty. I don't know what it is. He's going inside." Scott mumbled from the other side. "Should I follow him?"

"No, I'm five minutes away. Don't go inside without me. We don't know what he has there." I pressed my foot down on the ignition, urging it to run faster. 

Scott was parked a few blocks away from the building. The area was deserted and there were plants and trees everywhere so I didn't think we could be spotted. He got out of the car just as I got out of mine.

"He's been in there for a long time." He said.

"That's the place then." Just looking at the condition of the building, and the thought of her being inside it, scared the fuck out of me.

"Dean called, he's informed the cops. They're on their way I guess. She'll be okay, Theo. She's in there and now we just have to wait for the cops to come in."

"It'll take them half an hour to come here, Scott. I'm not waiting for them." 

He grabbed my hand when I walked ahead. "Don't be stupid. We don't know what he's got there, you said so yourself."

"She is in there with him." I hissed out. "I cannot stand here. I need to go in."

"Theo-"

"We don't know what's happening to her in there. I cannot risk it, Scott. I cannot risk her." He must have seen the pleading expression on my face, because he nodded.

And then we both walked in the direction of the building.

There was small door in place of the entrance. I made sure to look if there was someone who could prove to be a threat, but found none. We went inside. The ground floor was dark, wet and smelt awful. I covered my nose using my hand, taking the steps two at a time. Scott followed closely behind me.