20| Football

I said, excuse me you're a hell of a guy

-Nicki Minaj

Amelia

"So, you're dating that guy?" Ethan randomly asked me in the legal reasoning class.

"Theo, yes I am." I nodded. Since the morning I'd had girls look at me and whisper among themselves. Some even gave me death glares, their eyes like daggers piercing my delicate flesh, and I wanted nothing more than to snarl at the bitches that the guy they'd been crushing on was fucking mine. 

"Well, no surprise there. I knew he was in it for you the moment he looked ready to kill me when I sat with you."

I grinned. "He did, didn't he?"

"How do you plan on handling all this..uh..attention you're getting?" He chuckled at the end.

"Well, I'm choosing to ignore it at the moment. It's just a waste of time." I replied back to him, sass audible in my tone.

"Really." He raised an eyebrow. "Alright then. Let's see how long you can ignore it." He looked amused. "You're literally dating the guy every single girl in this university wants to date. And the fact that you actually are his first girlfriend-"

"Excuse me? First girlfriend?" My eyes popped out of my sockets.

"Um, yeah. He didn't tell you?" When I shook my head, Ethan continued. "Well, I don't know a single girl who has dated King."

"I thought you didn't even know who he was." I was confused now.

He chuckled. "Everyone knows King, sweetie. Well, know of him. I just don't acknowledge the fact that I know of him. He's the football captain dude, of course everyone will know him."

Oh. Okay.

"So what, he's never had a girlfriend before?"

"Before you came along, he had a new girl plastered to his arm every week. But they weren't his girlfriends, not that I know of. And hey listen, before you think I'm a crazy stalker or anything, I do notice things happening in the uni, okay? And things include gossips as well."

"Sure." I laughed, but my mind was elsewhere. Theo had never told me that he hadn't ever dated. I did know about his sleeping around habits so I'd just assumed he might have dated as well. Being a player includes that.

So when the class finished and I walked down the corridor, I didn't even pay attention to my surroundings. And I didn't even pay attention to the fact that I was passing by the fields, the football fields.

It wasn't until I heard a loud hoot that I looked towards my left, and my eyes settled on the deliciously mouth watering figure of my shirtless boyfriend. I stopped in my tracks, my eyes taking in his black shorts that hung low on his waist, long socks and dark blue studs. And then I raked his bare chest, the wide expanse of his blades, sweat glistening making his body shine in the sun. He looked focused, eyebrows furrowed, never once looking away from the ball.

He ran towards the goal post, his hands moving wildly in the air. "Cameron, fucking pass me the ball." He shouted. 

I watched in fascination as the ball came to him and he jumped up, doing a swing motion with his leg, his right foot hitting the ball strongly. The football whipped straight, striking right in the middle of the goalpost. A whistle sounded and boys rushed towards him, jumping on his shoulders. Theo chuckled along with everyone, running a hand through his slick hair, slapping a guy's back.