Chapter 53.5: Love Like Mine

Just a bit of fluff for you guys until next chapter :)

--------------------------------------------------------------
Amadeus woke up to an empty bed the next morning. As much as Jess loved to sleep in some mornings, there was a sixty-seven percent chance she'd be up before him. He knew, he noticed her sleep patterns far more after she tunneled.

Even though the bed was empty, Amadeus knew the kitchen wasn't. The smell of pancakes filled his nose and a faint sound of music hit him. He knew it wasn't Christina or Savannah, they slept in the latest on the team, and Miles and Oliver were still fast asleep in their beds. He didn't blame them, it was their last day in the house, and they were advised to get plenty of rest.

Cho carefully crept out of the room and tip toed down the stairs, peeking his head down. Through the indoor kitchen window Cho saw Jess with her back to him, flipping something in a skillet. He listened happily while he heard her sing along to a song on her radio.

"I can get you real high
With sugar on my lips, all it takes is one hit
I'll leave you hypnotised
But don't worry, I'll make sure you don't forget it."

Amadeus raised his eyebrow at the lyrics but disregarded them as he continued to listen.

Jess continued singing, "Baby, you'll never find a love like mine
Brrrrr ra ba ba
Baby, you'll never find a love like mine
I'll make you scream and I'll make you want it
You can be my ride or die
Ba, ba, ba
Baby, you'll never find a love like mine."

Amadeus' jaw dropped slightly before waiting for her to continue.

"I'll let you take control
Put you hands on my hips and we'll go baby, go
So magical, you won't ever wanna think about tomorrow."

"Ahem."

Jess dropped her spatula in surprise and covered her face. "A-amadeus, I was just- you're not- you didn't hear-?"

Cho's face was a little red, "What are you singing?"

"N-nothing." Jess lied.

Amadeus covered his amused and at the same time embarassed grin, "So you weren't just singing about how you'll make someone scream, or letting someone take control-,"

"Shh!" Jess interrupted, "You're gonna wake up the house!"

Amadeus stepped a little closer and teased, "Was the song directed at me? Are you gonna make me scream? Because technically speaking it really should be the other way around-,"

"Amadeus Cho!" Jess scolded.

He shook his head, "And Jade worries about me making a move on you."

"I'm gonna tell Savannah you're in the kitchen!"

Amadeus laughed at her, "You know what, you're adorable when you're embarrassed."

"Shut up!" Jess demanded, picking up her spatula and pausing the music, "How many pancakes do you want?"

Amadeus took a seat at the table, facing Jess. "I'll take two please, and hey, don't stop the concert. I love hearing you sing. Just, maybe not something Jade would kill you for."

Jess chuckled as she placed a plate in front of Amadeus, "Who do you think taught me that song?"

Hope you guys enjoy that little bit of fluff, see you pineapples later :)