Chapter 43: Christina

It was Thursday when the trio was meant to return to school before break and gather as much intel as possible, and while Amadeus and Miles were ready to go back, Jess had gotten into a committed relationship with her bed.

"Jess. You have to get to school. I just want you to get there on time." Amadeus reasoned unsuccessfully.

"Five more minutes." Jess rolled over on the bed.

"You said that twenty minutes ago. Get up." Cho shook her bed, but it was no use.

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Jess."

"Amadeus."

He sighed, "Fine, I admit defeat. But when Fury asks why his daughter wasn't at school completing her mission, you have to tell him by yourself." Amadeus looked down at her, "You fell back asleep, didn't you?"

When he got no response, he grabbed his backpack and headed out of the bedroom.

"Hey, Jess ready yet?" Miles asked him, ready to go.

Cho shook his head, "Lets just go, Jess can meet us at school.

Miles shrugged and the two headed off to school.  --------------------------------------------------------------
Jess popped up out of her bed, realizing she was almost out of time. The clock read 8:40, and first bell rang at 9.

Jessabelle dashed into the bathroom, throwing a pink cropped t-shirt and high waisted black jeans after her shower, shoving a thick green hoodie she took from Amadeus' room over her head and brushing her hair back behind her shoulders and rushing brushing her teeth.

The brunette quickly yanked up her backpack before running outside.

SMACK!

Jess had ran into something solid and fell on the ground. When she regained her steadiness, she made eye contact with stark blue eyes.

"Oliver! Sorry, I didn't mean to knock into you!" You couldn't honestly tell that anyone had run into Oliver, he hadn't even taken a step back or dropped the white bag in his hand.

He reached a hand out to her and when she took it he yanked her to her feet. "Now why exactly are you trying to run me over? To think I've been so nice to you and you're trying to kill me." He teased.

Jess' face went red with embarrassment, "I did not try to run you over, I just really need to get to school on time, my dad is an attendance freak." Jess took a moment to think, looking at her clock, 8:49 "Wait, why are you not at school yet? First bell rings in eleven minutes."

Oliver nodded toward the street, "I always ride my bike to school, its quicker then walking so I can sleep in. Do you need a lift?"

Jess noticed it, it was a black motorcycle, like the one Jade drove. Jess knew Jenny had always disapproved of the girls getting rides on it from their own sister, and one from a friend at school would definitely get her in trouble. But so would being late to school.

"Yes, please, but I don't have a helmet-," Plop! Oliver took off his own black and blue helmet and put it on her head. "Don't you need this?"

Oliver shook his head, "Come on, we're gonna be late." He got onto his bike and patter for Jess to sit behind him. She nervously sat behind him and put barely rested her hands on him.

"Jess?"

"Yes?"

"You need to hang on." He grabbed her arms and tightened them around him, pulling her closer to him. He flicked down the glass over her eyes and started the bike.