Opal

As we all headed into the school and along the corridor to the main reception, I started getting nervous. I could tell that Kyla was into Calum and all I could think was how I knew him first and how jealous I was of the way he looked at her when I introduced them. I'm not the jealous type but I think I may have a crush on Calum.

I mean he is the only person I have ever felt attracted to and at least he likes me back as a friend.

Anyway we made our way to the assembly hall and I found us some seats next to a group of older kids I know from work. Whilst I was catching up, I noticed Kyla doing her smile to Calum and I felt my heart break when I caught him smiling back at her.

As we all waited on the principle arriving, I started feeling dizzy and nauseous. I stood up and started heading towards the door. As I passed Calum he asked if I was okay and I told him I was fine. By the time I reached the female toilets down the hall, I could sense that someone was following me. When I turned around I saw Calum. He asked me again if I was okay and so I told him that I was feeling unwell. He came right up to me and put his arm around me.

He told me that he would wait for me until I was finished in the toilet so that he could walk back in with me. I smiled weakly and thanked him, although I'm not sure what for.