Opal

Another phonecall gone to voicemail.

At work last night I met this gorgeous guy. I was working at the cashier when this unfamiliar young man walked up. He was tall, dark and handsome. I started a conversation with him and found out he was new and that him and his brother were going to be attending my high school Broomridge High. I told him to wait at the main entrance and me and my best friend would get them and show them around the school. I asked for his number so that I could text him and let him know when we would be arriving at school.

I tried to phone Kyla my best friend who is by far the most amazing girl in school. She is always there for me when I need her. Anyway I tried to phone her and tell her about Calum, but her phone was just ringing out. I decided that since the Summer had been really good and quite hectic that maybe she had misplaced her cell.

The next morning my dad and step mom woke me up with their couples cooking. All I could smell was eggs and bacon. I figured that it was almost breakfast time so I got up out of bed, grabbed my U2 towel and jumped in the shower. I used the strawberry body wash that my step-mom Gail bought me for my birthday a few weeks ago and washed my hair with my herbal essences and got out the shower. I dried my hair and by the time it was all dry, I put on my clothes. I put on my black veil brides tank and my purple skinny jeans.

I grabbed my cell and bag and headed downstairs. My dad gave me a kiss on my head and left to drop off my sisters at their school before going to his work. Gail handed me a huge plate with eggs, toast, bacon, sausages and tomatoes on it. I ate up and then cleaned up my plate before making her a cup of tea. As I was waiting on the kettle to boil, I heard a honk outside. I knew it was Kyla and so I finished making tea and gave it to Gail before putting on my leather jacket and leaving the house. Just as I got in the car I text Calum telling him we would be about half an hour and he said that was cool and that he would be standing with his brother called James.

As we arrived at school in Kyla's silver BMW, I saw Calum with another guy who I guessed was his brother. I waved at them and then ushered them over. Calum looked confused but followed anyway.

As soon as Kyla stopped the car, I quickly got out. Kyla was starting to get out the car when I decided to introduce Calum and James. Since Kyla has been through a lot over the past year I decided that before the term was over I would have set her up with Calum as she deserves to be happy.

There was an instant connection between the two and I felt really bad when I had to interrupt them. I told them that we had to get a move on and talk to the principle before we showed the boys about.