chapter seven

Waking up that morning was indescribable. Everything felt hazy and dreamlike. I sat up and yawned before rubbing my face as the happenings from the night before flooded my mind, soaking it in raw emotion.

I couldn't focus on anything other than Louis. Being briefly apart from his contact had brought a certain outlandish longing upon me. My heart beat faster as I quickly reached for my phone, anxious to message him. I fumbled with the passcode and brightness, as my room was typically dim-lit whenever I wasn't filming.

Not allowing myself to get distracted by my newsfeed, I went straight for the dms, completely oblivious to the time. My heart rate increased when I saw that Louis had already messaged me.

Louis Tomlinson:

Hey, just wondering what time would be best for you? x

I blushed furiously at the x part, the same way as I had last night. I rushed to respond, unable to contain my excitement.

I typed:

I'm free all day

And instantly, I regretted sending it. I sounded like such a lifeless loser. Of course I was, but that didn't mean I wanted him to know.

Anxiously, I turned on some music and left my phone open on the messaging page whilst I got ready.

I didn't want to look like I was trying too hard, but I didn't want to wear nothing either. Having a generally minimalistic outlook on my own makeup, I decided to do what I was used to; just enough to make myself look sufficiently better (and more human too), but nothing more.

By the time I had finished putting on my lipstick, the song I had set to play had ended, so I went to check if Louis had messaged me back yet before I played another one.

He had.

It read : How about noon?

Checking the time and realizing it was only a bit after ten, I responded. I told him the time was perfect before closing the app and then sliding up the volume bar on my music. My favorite part of Mr. Brightside had come on.

I began dancing around my room, simultaneously sifting through clothes to wear.

After much debating, I decided on some casual light blue jeans and a knit sweater. I wasn't sure what kind of impression I would make with my outfit, but it looked presentable after I had added a dainty necklace and some white sneakers to it.

I wore my hair down because it looked elegantly simple that way, which helped with the whole 'trying not to look like I'm trying as hard as I am' thing. After a while of jamming to music to pass the time, I figured I should leave soon.

Before I left, I went to Margaux's room to check on her. I knocked lightly and waited. No answer. I knocked again before quietly opening the door to check on her.

She was tangled in a pile of blankets and tissues, snoring softly.

On her bed side table, she kept post-it notes and a pen to remind herself of things she needed to do the next day. Yeah, I know. I should probably take notes being the disorganized mess that I was, but that was besides the point.

I took the pen and wrote her a brief note on a fresh post-it. It said that I was going out and to call me if she needed anything. After that, I silently crept out of her room and left to meet Louis.

I had decided to take the subway to get to the shop. I figured it would be nicer to relax on the train than drive. The ride was nice. I listened to music to distract myself and help calm my nerves. Louis messaged me when he left and told me he'd let me know when he'd arrived.