chapter eighteen

Getting off the plane was no different in Lima than in Bogotá. Fans were lined up against the outer gate screeching at the most deafening volume, making it felt as if needles were being shot directly through my ears. Liam and Zayn walked ahead of us, guided by security from the plane to yet another set of black range rovers. Louis and I followed behind them, looking up at the plane landing just a quarter mile off in the next runway lane.

I smiled unknowingly, watching it land, excited to know Harry was inside of it. I was tempted to walk slower and wait for him to see if he could potentially ride with us, but I knew that wouldn't happen. The arrangements around here were always predetermined. Security and management were strict, something I was not particularly fond of. Luckily, it wouldn't matter for much longer, now that I was around. Things were about to get a bit more interesting with me around.

After Harry's plane landed, I could just make out the silhouettes of whom I assumed belonged to him, Niall, and three body guards. Louis and I were approaching the car just as Harry and Niall neared, becoming more prominent in my field of vision. As Harry made his way towards his and Niall's escort, I waved at him congenially. For this, I received a warm smile from him as well as a wave back, and a small frown from Louis.

I couldn't help being a little bit disappointed that I wouldn't get to see Harry again until probably the next day since I'd be out late with Louis. As tempted as I was to invite him with us, I knew how wrong it'd be. Adventures like this were something intimate between Louis and I and it wouldn't be right to ever let anyone get in the way of that. Not to mention his expression when Harry and I waved at each other.

The ride to the hotel couldn't have been fast enough. Eager to venture out and explore some, I hurried up the staircases we were advised to use, found my room, dropped all my bags on the bed, and ran out to grab Louis and sneak off.

He was talking to Niall when I returned, joking about something as I approached.

"Hey, sorry to interrupt," I said when Niall noticed me standing by them awkwardly.

"Hey...you're that girl from the interview! That funny one!"

"Guilty," I smiled politely, internally beaming.

"I've seen some of your videos, you're hilarious!"

I blushed at his comment and immediately looked to Louis for an explanation.

"Did you show him my stuff?" I wouldn't have been upset if he had, but I was still curious.

"No," Louis looked just as intrigued as I was. "I didn't."

Niall stared between Louis and I for a few moments as if slowly coming to a conclusion.

"She's the girl you said you were bringing on tour?"

"Yeah." Louis' words were short and he smiled at me when he spoke.

Niall looked between us once more, confusion and interest both prominent in his features. He didn't say anything though, despite how curious he clearly was. I liked that about him. He didn't seem to question things much, he just took them as they were.

"Huh," he said, settling his gaze on me. "Well in that case, I should probably introduce myself better. I'm Niall...but you already knew that."

His accent was thick and slurred. It reminded me of my grandfather. He was an Irish-American immigrant and though he died when I was younger, I still was faintly reminded of him whenever St. Patrick's Day came around or I heard someone speak with a dialect similar to Niall's. I had lots of cousins back in Ireland too, and my family still kept touch between the two countries.