chapter twenty

Louis POV

Honestly, I just needed to smoke a fat one and forget.

Waking up without Liz beside me wasn't exactly a surprise, but it was still disappointing. Since it was her room after all and she was an earlier riser than me, I tried not to look too far into things. But she was different around Harry than with me, in a way that made me uneasy. I didn't want to think about it. I didn't really want to think about anything, quite frankly.

After several hits, I started to feel more relaxed and content than before. Recently Zayn and I had been smoking a lot together. Not only was it fun, but it really calmed my nerves when I needed it. For some reason unbeknownst to me, I decided to film us smoking on my phone.

"Are we allowed to talk contraband in this?" Someone up front asked.

"Yes, of course! That's what its about!" I laughed giddily. "So here we are, leaving in Peru. Joint lit. Happy days."

Happy days was becoming a trademark of mine. It was symbolic for a time in my life when things could get better. Especially after Eleanor and I split, things got pretty rough for me then.

"What'cha think, Zayn?" I laughed. "About that kind of content?"

He smirked, not looking at me when he spoke.

"Its very controversial."

Before he could say more, I pointed out the police officer driving alongside our SUV on a motorbike.

"That's the police...that's the po-po," I noted.

Ignoring my observation, Zayn made a comment about reckoning he felt like Snoop Dog. He was a big fan of him, as well as Bob Marley, whom of which he was wearing on his shirt.

Everything was hazy in my mind, but my body felt like I was having a good time, so my thoughts were at ease. Everything felt blurred and dreamlike, so for the moment, I was alright.

"Try to blow into the camera," I taunted Zayn.

He followed my instructions and blew several bouts of gray smoke into the lens and it looked fucking sick.

"Baby look what you've done to me," he sang in an odd voice.

"Smoke screen baby!" I shouted.

"Baby look what you've done now," he continued, elongating the final syllable in that same strange voice.

"That's just Zayn warming up there before the show," I joked. He continued to sing while I narrated over him. "Zayn takes his job very seriously. He makes sure he goes through a two-hour intense warm up regimen before every show just to get himself in the zone. One very very important factor to Zayn's warm up, of course, is mary-j herself."

He continued to sing random notes, murmuring things such as "Mary J Blige".

"That's some fantastic singing," I told him.

He continued singing until he returned the blunt to his lips and took another hit.

"How is it Zayn?" He didn't respond verbally, however he smiled knowingly.