chapter sixteen

The first day of the tour went smoothly. The boys rehearsed in the nearby stadium while I stayed back in my room and lounged around, enjoying the perks of room service. Hey, you only live once, right?

I laid back on my bed, curled in my favorite satin robe, staring at the ceiling. It was crazy to think about where I was, who I was with, and what I was doing. If you had told me a few months ago I'd be on tour with a British boyband, or any boyband for that matter, I'd have laughed in your face. Well, I'd like to think I'd react a tad more politely, but you get the point. I mean, what were the chances of me ever being in South America on tour with famous musicians? Hot, famous musicians, to be precise; though I only had my eye on one in particular.

I hadn't seen any of the boys since I arrived with Louis and Zayn. I still had to figure out what I was going to do about Harry when I saw him...Oh Harry. Poor, naive Harry; thinking he left me behind in Europe. I giggled to myself just thinking about it.

My phone rang on the nightstand beside me. The basic default tone played, as I was too lazy to change it to something more interesting.

Curiously, I reached over and pressed the green 'answer call' button without checking the caller ID.

"Hello?" My voice instinctively grew higher as I spoke into the device.

"Hey."

The voice on the other end surprised me.

"H-Harry?" I stammered.

He was calling me? Why would he do that? And why here? Why now, of all times?

"Sorry," his voice was deep and slow like always. "Did I catch you at a bad time?"

I heard him mumble something to himself through the phone.

"I'm really off on time. Is it late there in London? The band's in Columbia right now, you see."

I laughed lightly into the phone at his unnecessary explanation, clutching it tightly. Should I tell him? Ah, fuck it. He was going to find out at some point, may as well be now, right?

"Harry, I know." I laughed lightly again. "I am too."

There was a long pause on the other end. The only reason I knew he was still there was because I could hear his breathing.

"You are?" He asked slowly.

My eyes widened when I realized how creepy that sounded. What if he thought I was stalking him? Oh God...What did I do?

"I'm not stalking you or anything, I swear." I blurted quickly.

Oh yeah, Liz. Because that didn't sound at all suspicious...

"Uhm..."

I sighed deeply into the phone. We hadn't been on the phone for over two minutes yet and he was already regretting the call.

"Ugh, I'm sorry I'm so weird. I'm really good friends with Louis, I feel like for some reason you didn't know that? I don't know. Anyway, he dragged me along on tour with you guys."

I paused for a brief moment before continuing.

"Sorry if that made me sound creepy, but yeah. I stayed back at the hotel today, which is why you haven't seen me yet."

I heard him exhale on the other end.

"So you're saying you're here. In Columbia. At our hotel?"

I nodded initially, but uttered a firm,"yeah," when I realized he couldn't see me.

"Right now?" He asked.

Thankfully, he didn't sound upset, which was an achievement in my book.