chapter fourteen

It was the day we'd be flying out to Bagotá and so far, everything was going according to schedule. We seemed to have more than enough time before we had to arrive at the airport and Louis was helping me carry out my bags to the black van outside. He insisted on coming early to help me and refused to let me carry any of the bags myself, against my protests.

See, Louis was huge compared to me, so I couldn't really fight back. And him being able to tower over me really was something, because in comparison to the rest of the boys, I'd noticed, he appeared so tiny.

I wondered what was taking him so long with the bags before figuring his deep longing to be manly probably left him stranded on my building stairs somewhere, trapped hopelessly beneath my luggage. I giggled at the thought before continuing to check my apartment for anything important I could have forgotten.

There were footsteps behind me as Louis came in through the door way.

"You ready?" He asked.

I nodded, grabbed my purse off the counter, and turned around to follow him out the door. I had already said good-bye to Margaux earlier, leaving me free to head directly to the airport with Louis. We made our way down the stairs and he led me to the dark vehicle with tinted windows. It looked like something out of some spy movie.

I noticed how he opened the door and slid in behind the driver, waiting for me to hop in the back with him instead of holding the door for me the way Harry had. Though, I minded less when he threw his arm around me and scooted closer.

"This is gonna be great," he grinned boyishly. "You know, I almost didn't think you'd say yes to coming along."

"I almost didn't." I admitted sheepishly.

He didn't seem phased by it. Instead, he smiled even brighter than before and held me a little closer.

"I know," he breathed softly. I loved his voice. It was soft like a delicate snowfall and fresh like a cool summer rain. "But I'm glad you did."

I nodded, leaning my head on his shoulder. We had to get up early for this flight, even though it was private, and we all know I don't do well with mornings. I yawned and snuggled into his embrace, dozing off.

*

"Wake up, love." Louis cooed as he shook me gently.

He was standing outside of the van with the door wide open. I blinked a few times before sitting up, struggling to adjust to the bright daylight. I looked around, noting two small planes lined up outside where the van was parked. Sluggishly, I climbed out, still entranced by slumber.

I squinted in the light as Louis handed me some of my bags so he could carry his. There were a few professional looking people in suits watching us curiously as he led the way up the steps and into the aircraft.

"Why are there two planes?" I asked, following him over to one of the couches where two boys were already sat.

He blatantly ignored my question and introduced me to the boys instead. One I recognized as Liam and the other one as...Zack? Caine? I had forgotten to practice the names, causing me to draw a blank.

"Liz," he motioned towards the bear-faced one. "You remember Liam."

I nodded and stuck my hand out to shake his. He had a friendly smile on his face, but his eyes watched me carefully, clearly thinking of something he was debating whether or not to say.

"You're the girl from the interview, aren't you?"

"Yeah," I laughed. "I take it you didn't know I was coming?"