chapter seventeen

I was woken to someone gently brushing my hair away from my face. From the sensation the trails of touch left on my skin, I knew it could only be one person. I gravitated closer to him, pretending to still be asleep.

I felt his fingertips glide down the side of my cheek, tenderly grazing my cheekbone.

"I know you're awake," he chuckled.

I whined inwardly. I was tired and I just wanted him to be mine so he could sleep next to me and be all cute and cozy in my mismatched men's pajamas again. I longed so much to ask him to lay by me and snuggle, but fought against it. I was never going to be more than just a friend for him and I had to face that fact.

Surprising him with my sudden hastiness, I sat upright and stuck out my arms, making small dinosaur noises while I stretched.

"We gotta get going," he sat up from my bed.

I squinted in the darkness, seeing him dressed in an Adidas pullover and track pants. I couldn't see many details due to the lighting, but I could see the outline of his messy boy hair, making me have to hold back a smile. "Is all of your stuff packed?"

"Yeah."

"Where is it?" He flicked on the light and I cringed away like the night creature I was, hissing.

"Hm, lovely as always," he commented.

"Its over there," I grumbled as I stood up, wiggling my legs to stretch them out.

"Which bags can I take downstairs while you get ready?"

His sweet gesture instantly reminded me of Harry. I smiled to myself, replacing a hand on my cheek at the thought of where he kissed me.

"Oi, Earth to Liz?"

I snapped out of my thoughts as Louis gave me a weird look.

"Hm?" I frowned. "Oh, yeah. Uh, just leave those two small ones over there. You can take the big two down."

He reached for them and I watched, amused, as he tried to be manly yet again. It was surprising that this time, he seemed to struggle less. He took the weight of the bags like they weighed no more than a feather and walking out the door all within seconds.

"I'll be right back," he called.

Catching his drift, I quickly slipped on the clothes I had laid out the night before. Knowing it was only a three hour flight, I had a romper, a small necklace, and low-top converse picked out. South America was undeniably hot and I was not about to let myself sweat any more than necessary.

Just as I put in my contacts and finished brushing my teeth, Louis arrived.

"Ready?" He asked.

"I'm always ready." I wiggled my eyebrows suggestively at the innuendo and he laughed it off.

If only he knew how serious I was. It was crazy to think that I'd already slept with him. I was kind of proud of myself for scoring so big in that sense, but the drawback was that I barely remembered any of it.

I recalled a few hazy images of the kisses and the feeling of him sending shivers down my spine when he ran his hand down my bare back, but that was it. Aside from that, I don't remember the passion or the feeling, or even his face for that matter. I lost my virginity to a prize like him and I didn't even remember it.

The worst of it all was that I'd do it all again in a heartbeat. I'd fuck my friend Louis into next week if he'd let me. It was weird to admit that, even to myself. But damn, would I ever.