11. Seven wolves

Winter's POV

Just as Ashton is about to say something else somebody knocks at the door. He goes to open it and on the other side is someone I haven't seen in six months. 

"Jeremy? What are you doing here?" I ask him with a tone that implies this isn't a good time. He looks past Ashton and gives me a nervous look. 

"I had to find you... There is something between us and I know that we-" he starts. 

"Let me stop you right there" Ashton says and drags him inside but another foot stops the door. 

"Hey, let me in too" Jonah chimes happily before he practically bursts through the door. 

"I got some help from Jonah to find you" Jeremy explains. 

"Wait, what? How did you two even get in touch?! I never.. or well... kind of..." I trail off. 

"Who are these wolves, Winter?" Ashton asks bewilderedly. I can tell he's getting worried. 

"You are not the only one I slept with" I inform him. He just shakes his head at me before closing the door. "But, Jonah, what are you doing here?" I ask my ex. 

"I kind of wanted to see you. But most of all to say that we shouldn't see each other anymore. I don't feel right sleeping with a wolf that already has a mate. Even if he's dead. I want to meet my own mate someday, so I feel like I'm leading you astray" Jonah explains with a pityful expression. 

I'm just about to comfort him saying that I never had any intentions of living my life with him when Kai carefully opens the door. His worried face softens into a relived one as soon as he sees me. 

"There you are!" he exclaims and pushes his way through the others to give me a strong hug. "Winter, I'm so sorry I left you with him. Are you OK?" 

I look at him with confusion first but then I realize what he's talking about. Oh, right. Kai carried me to Conroy when I got my heat. 

"I'm fine, and you don't have to worry-" I start when someone else pounds at the door. 

"What the moon?!" Ashton complains but opens it to show the face of my newest conquest. 

"Winter. Your brother said you would be here. He was really wierd about it though. What is going on? We were supposed to meet each other today?" 

"Oh, hello, Eli" I chuckle awkwardly. "I'm sorry. My mate kind of showed up..." I tell him and half of the wolves turn to me with shock. 

"What?!" 

"But you said he was dead!" three of them accuse me. 

Another knock at the door makes Ashton fume but he opens it to find his brother Wyatt. 

"What are you doing here?" he asks his brother with such tiredness I almost feel sorry for him. 

"I heard Winter's mate came back so I just wanted to call off our little fling" he informs everyone. 

"You slept with my brother!?" Ashton yells at me over the turmoil. 

"Just twice" I mumble. 

"Actually three times" he corrects me but looks at Ashton. "Not important" he adds.

"OK. Everyone shut up!" I yell and they go quiet for a second. "You all clearly have something to say to me so just go one at a time and then-" I start but Jeremy suddenly takes the knee before me with puppy dog eyes. 

"Winter, I love you more than the moon and I don't care about your mate. Please marry me" he proposes. 

Everyone goes compleatly scilent and just as I'm about to answer him when Conroy throws the door open, ripping it off its hinges. He stares at Jeremy on his knees before me and then at me all while heaving like he's run all the way here in human form, like he propably has. 

Oh, hell.