2. Just like he wanted

Conroy's POV 

The smack echoes across the room and everyone turns to look at the source. I'm so surprised, I just stand there while he stares at me with fury. His chest is trembling with heavy breaths and his face tells me he wants to give me another one. 

Before I know it, he has turned away and bolted out of the room that's fallen very scilent. His brother clears his throat and I snap my eyes away from the doors where Winter's small back has disappeard. 

"How long are you staying?" Eric, the alpha of the Blue King's pack, asks. 

"I don't know... it depends on Winter..." I answer while thinking about what the hell just happened. 

"He was very upset when you left all those years ago. I hope you stay for good this time" Eric informs me and for a second I almost think he's using the same sarcasm as his little brother, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Eric looks at me with a disappointed yet hopeful face. 

Winter wanted me to go. He didn't want anything to do with me, even after I marked him. Why would he have been upset when I left? Shouldn't he have been happy? 

"I've arranged for you to stay in one of the apartments here in our building. The family that lived there has just moved into our other, new building, downtown" Eric informs me. 

I scratch my neck. 

"There's no need. I figured I'll stay in a hotel while I'm here" I explain but his blue eyes strike me with autority. 

"For Winter's sake" Eric says with all the power of an alpha in his voice. 

I nod and thank him politely. It's hard to decline an alpha. 

Eric places a door key in my hand and leaves me. I watch him as the pack members immidiatly approaches him to complement the beautiful ceremony. 

Does he excpect me to propose to Winter?  

The thought strikes me with unease. I've never thought about what Eric was excpecting from me. I know Winter wants me gone but I've never really concidered what his alpha big brother wants. I know what I want, but that's impossible. 

I didn't come back on a whim. I had to keep myself from returning. I had to fight myself to stay away. Now I'm here and Winter didn't even want to look at me. 

My chest fills with angry pain. I don't care what he thinks of me, but how dare he be so mad? I stayed away just like he wanted. He has no right to be so angry! 

It all makes me so increadibly furious that I can't think properly. A part of me knows I shouldn't get so worked up but the rest of me can only think of how unfair he's being. I'll show you, Winter. 

With a calm smile on my face and a screaming storm inside my chest I make my way out of the big hall and down the stairs, following his amazing scent. I can't stop myself from loving it. My body craves it with a need I have denied for years.