8. All wet

Conroy's POV

I help Winter to the shower. He can't stand, much less walk so I carry him into the washing room and put him down. With shaking legs he steps into the shower but as I'm about to close it for him his legs give in. My arms catch him just as he's about to hit the rock hard tiles. 

He won't be able to shower alone. 

I sigh and step in behind him. 

"Nooo" he mumbles and pushes a weak hand against my chest. 

"Do you want me to get one of your brothers?" I ask him with a are-you-for-real-look on my face.  

Winter answers something inaudiable so I turn on the shower and hold him with his back against my chest. With my other arm I wrestle the shower gel bottle and finally lather him up. He's exhausted and just hangs over my arm. 

His skin is slick with the soap as I rub it and I secretly relish in the feeling. I love having him close. I love caressing his smooth skin. I love the feeling of his heart beating close to mine. Although he's got his back to me I can feel the slow dun - dun - dun of his heart. 

When I rinse him off I see the white stuff trickle down his leg. I reach a hand down to wash it away. Winter whines when my hand rub the crack of his butt. I Ignore his protests and make sure everthing is gone before I turn off the water. 

It's harder to hold him when he's all wet. I let him lean against the sink as I wrap a towel around him. I fold it around him and he just falls against my chest. I catch him in my arms and pick him up again. His wet hair drips onto me but I don't care. 

When I look at the face of my sleeping mate, nothing matters. I know that he hates me. I know that he wants me gone. I know that he will never love me, but in this moment he sleeps against my chest counting on me to take care of him. 

Nothing has ever felt better.