16. Unprincely

Winter

"For what? What do you mean?" I demand to know because that doesn't make any sense to me. He fixed the heat. He helped me. Why is he sorry? 

"For leaving you." His face is red with our love-making but tworn by a saddnes I hoped to see for seven years. 

"I..." I don't know what to say. He should be... But somehow I don't want him to be sad, not even about this. "That was a big mistake" I agree. 

"I know... and I'm sorry for coming back and taking your choice away again for you. It was wrong" he apologizes. His face is right there. He's standing on his knees in front of me, in front of our sex scene. 

"I am a an angry person. I fight with everyone and I'll never be nice or charming. I hate people like you who always makes everybody around them do things their way. I can't stand it when you smile pleaseantly just to get it your way!" I growl with as much power I have left in me, but I feel myself drifting off. 

"Winter..." he says softly with the saddest tone I've ever heard. I close my eyes. 

"But I can forgive all that if you promise not to leave me again" I tell him and fall down into the heavy darkness of sleep. 

When I wake up my hair is still wet. Did he wash me? 

I blush at the thought and decide that that obviously was his duty after getting to fuck me silly. What did I say last night? It's all a blur until he enters the room. 

The prince is dressed in a white shirt and black slacks as if he's going to a fancy dinner or a ceremony. I'm confused as hell and there is something smelling faintly sweet. The perfect curls of his auburn hair glistens as he bows his head down. 

I'm severely confused until he pulls out a bouquet of red roses. When he lifts his head I can see that he's nervous. The smile this time is full of insecurity and as unprincely as it gets. It's way more heartgrabbing than his usual royal smile. 

Before I can catch myself from falling into the sencere green of his eyes he walks up to the bed and gives me a pleading look. 

"I know that we have been a complete mess from the beginning and I cannot tell you how sorry I am for pain I have caused you. I am truly sorry because you are the only thing I care about and I cannot believe that I hurt you" he tells me with eyes full of conflicted feelings. 

Suddenly he kneels with a ring in hand. 

"Winter, I love you more than the sun loves the moon and I will chase you likewise throughout eternity to earn your love. Please... will you be my mate?" he asks me and the whole planet stops spinning. 

I see how nervous he is. I see the fear in his eyes and the sorrow waiting behind it. He doesn't think I'm going to say yes. 

I hate acting how others think I will but that is not the only reason I jump out of the bed and tackle him to the floor an embrace I've waited half my life to give. He holds me and I feel his body temble with emotional breaths. 

"Yes" I laugh through the tears. "Yes, you dumb idiot. Of course I want to be your mate. Why did you make me wait so long?" 

He burys his head in the nook of my neck and shake it. 

"I'm sorry" he mumbles and holds me tighter. 

"You better be. Now, are you going to take me out to eat breakfast or what?" I say and think about how different his embrace feels now that I'm ready for it.