Chapter. 7

"You look over in the park and I'll look over here. I'm not supposed to cross that road by myself, anyways. . . Come back here in an hour?" We nodded and started looking. Dustfinger took Gwin with him and I went alone. The first place I thought of to check was the Deer stand. And there he was. "Farid? You do know that Dustfinger is mad at you, right?" I ask, climbing up the ladder to get up there and I could already tell it was still windy.
He looked like he was about to cry, but I scared him when I stood in front of him, leaned down and hugged him.
"Why do you love me? Are you upset that both girls you love have 'That' power?"
He had buried his face in my hair, wrapped his arms around me and nodded. "But, why do you care? You love Dustfinger and you think of me as a friend, nothing more and nothing less. . . You would rather me never have come and you could be alone with Dustfinger." I pulled away, stood up straight in front of him and smacked him.
And it wasn't no light smack, it was a pretty hard one.
"You are a stupid boy. An idiot. A Baka. . . If I wanted to be alone with him, wouldn't I be with him instead of here with you? I wouldn't have bought you anything while I was gone, I wouldn't have teached you how to ride a bike, let alone mine, I wouldn't have let you walk to the driveway with me when we first met, and I really wouldn't have hugged you just now!" I scowled him.
The whole time, he looked shocked.
'What? Do girl's not talk back where he comes from?' I thought. I smiled. I felt happy to be his first! Wait, Meggie talks back to him so, why is he so shocked?
"Why did you just smack me?"
I was wondering why he ask that, until I remembered. When he was in his own book, the other thieves had beat him a lot, even when he didn't do anything wrong.
"I did it to make you shut up about what you were saying, and. . . I'm so sorry! I shouldn't have chosen to smack you. I just forgot and now you remember being back in your own book and-" I think I was talking too much because Farid crashed his lips upon mine.
It was weird because I remember him kissing Meggie and what if because of this kiss, he won't go back to his book Inkheart and Meggie never see's him, again? All of this ran through my head while he kissed me. Me kissing Dustfinger is not the same because I don't like him being with Roxane, she's too prefect for him. He shouldn't even have a wife or kids. Maybe its the thought of him doing 'It' with another person.
I snapped back in when Farid pulled away. "Wow. . . You let me kiss you. I didn't think you would let me."
I didn't want to tell him that I was daydreaming about Dustfinger. That would really upset him. I started to feel my cheeks heat up all the same.
"Y-. . . You j-just kissed m-me!" He looked happy with himself. It was the first time someone had kissed me. Great! I think about his lips on mine after it happens! It was so embarrassing! I had to. . .
I couldn't hold it back any longer. So, I bent down and laid my lips upon his. He kissed me back, it got very uncomfortable standing, so I endded up sitting on his lap. But soon enough, I stopped got off his lap and started climbing down the ladder.
"Where are you going? Did I do something wrong? Did I hurt you somehow?" Farid ask, worried. I smiled at him.
"No. . . I'm supposed to take you back to the field. And no telling anyone about this. . . Got it?" He nodded, after smiling back at me with that big, cute smile. We got back to the baseball Diamond and when we did, Dustfinger was waiting for us.
When he saw Farid, he looked really mad. "Farid! What were you thinking going off like that without me knowing?! In this world you could have gotten kidnapped or shot! Your so stupid!" Dustfinger yelled. I don't know if Farid saw it, but behind all that anger, he was happy that Farid was safe and sound now. I couldn't help but smile and giigle a little as Dustfinger yelled at Farid. After an hour, I started getting more and more tired.
I yawned.
"Someones tired!" Farid said in a sing-song voice. I smiled. My eyelids were getting heavier and heavier, until I couldn't hold them open any longer.
"Yes. . . And I can't stay awake any longer!" We were still in the grass by the baseball Diamond. I laid my head on Farid's lap, instead of Dustfinger's, who thought it was kind of weird.
"Should we take her home?"
"No! I haven't stayed the night with you two yet. . . So, please let me!" I cried. My eyes closed, but I could still hear Dustfinger sigh.
"Fine. . . But you'll have to get up so Farid can go tell them. . . I can't since they would think its weird, but its alright for a boy, your age, to come and tell them that you'll be staying the night with him. No, that's not weird at all." I smiled. I know what he was getting after. Again about if I was his kid, he wouldn't let me do that.
So, I sat up and waited for Farid to leave before I laid my head on Dustfinger's lap.
"I was waiting for the real you. . . And here she is." He smirked. I laid on my back and looked up at him.
"I'm glad you like this me better because this is surely the real me."
"Then, why did you lay down on Farid's lap instead of mine? I thought you loved me." I sat up like a robot, turned to look at him and pressed my lips on his.
When I pulled away, he had the same face as when I first kissed him. It made me mad. "Why do you do that even though you know that I love Roxane and we have two girls?" He ask.
I sighed as loud as I could. "Well, you've only got one girl now and I dislike Roxane! She's too prefect! She's too pretty and too nice! I hate that! No ones that prefect! It's stupid!" I yelled, "She's not good enough for you. . ." I started crying. If he still loves her, what should I do? I just sat there for a few minuets, looking down at my fingers in my lap or looking up at the sky.
After at least ten to eleven minuets, I heard Farid coming back and as soon as I saw him, I jumped at him which almost made him fall. What am I saying? He did fall, I landed on top of him and we both started laughing.
We got up and started walking to where they stayed, which, of course, was outside. We ate a little something and went to bed. any other night, I would have slept next to Dustfinger to keep warm, but since I'm mad at him right now, I slept next to Farid tonight.
They had lit a fire to keep us a little warmer, but Farid has a high body temperature. Mine is very low.