Chapter. 13

Monday came around and I wasn't better yet. I was throwing up even though I wasn't eating or drinking anything. When Sunday did come, I couldn't go to see them, I couldn't even leave the house.
On Wednesday, the phone rang. My little brother had answered it because it was Mawmaw, but he gave it to me since it was for me.
"Hello?"
"Lexi? Hey! I've never talked on one of these before. . . I kept coming over to ask where you were, until they finally let me call you on this. . . What's it called, again?" I giggled. Farid sounded so happy that it was funny. Not many can make you laugh, smile or even happy when your sick to your stomach.
"It's called a phone. . . Where's Dustfinger and please tell me no one in my family is standing close to you, I don't want anyone there to think I'm weird for having a friend who doesn't have a clue what a phone is?"
"Dustfinger is right next to me and they gave me one that I could take outside with me. . . Here, Dustfinger wants to talk to you." I was laying on the couch, watching T.V. Weirdly enough, I was watching Inkheart. I was getting better, I hadn't threw up since Tuesday.
"Hey. . . How are you feeling? Why haven't you come over? I thought you would have been better by now." Dustfinger ask. I thought it was cute that he was worried about me.
"I'm fine. I just couldn't come over because I was still sick, I just got better and we're planing to come over tonight. I still need to take it easy, but I could still come see you two. Is that all right with you?" I ask him.
"Lexi! Gwin misses you!" I heard Farid yell in the background. I smirked and giggled a little.
"Gwins been biting him and he swears up and down that it's because he misses you. . . It's also a way of saying that Farid, himself, misses you." Dustfinger told me.
"Hey! Why are your cheeks red, Dustfinger?"
"Shut up, Farid! Even though Lexi isn't here doesn't mean that she needs to know everything!"
I couldn't stop smiling. These two are so cute. They're way of telling me that they miss me. Farid trued telling me that it was Gwin who was missing me, but I think it's both of them.
"Are you still there?"
"Yeah. . . Sorry, I was just daydreaming."
"You do that too much." I looked up at the ceiling, trying to count the holes and cracks. "Well. . . You need to rest so. . . See you later."
Beep! Beep! Beep!
I laughed. Did he mean to hang up or not? I think it's kinda funny. I obeyed what he told me and took a nap until it was almost time to go. As soon as the car pulled into the driveway, I got out and ran down the road to the baseball Diamond. I was happy to finally see them, again. I didn't know who to hug first, but when I got there, they were standing next to each other, so that made it easier because I could hug them both at once and when I did, I knocked them down to the ground. I couldn't stop laughing or smiling because I was so happy to see them. Gwin started to snuggled my cheek with his little nose. That was his way of telling me that he really, really missed me.
"Aw! I missed you too, Gwin!" I told the little marten, letting go of the dudes.
"Hey! What about me?! Didn't you miss me or even Dustfinger?" I giggled, put Gwin down and Started hugging Farid and Dustfinger, again.
"Oh, I missed all three of you. . . So, what all did you do while I was gone?" I pulled away and they looked at each other. Farid, then, looked at me and smiled.
"When I would play with Gwin, Dustfinger would sit up in the deer stand and look at the book you gave him like when you were mad at him!" Farid told me, happily. I smirked and looked up at Dustfinger to see him glaring at Farid, but also trying to hide his face from me.
I thought it was funny that we were going through this. I got on my knees, put my hands on Dustfinger's shoulders and made him look at me, but when he did, I could see the tiredness in his eyes. I pushed him down, so he was laying down, and sat on him. He tried to sit back up again and again.
"Hey! Get off me!"
I simply shook my head.
"No! It's your own fault for not sleeping right. . . You've got dark marks under your eyes!" I scolded him. He had told me to rest and now I'm telling him to rest. And if he doesn't stay still, I'm going to be sick. "If you want me to throw up on you, then go on and keep moving. . . But, if you don't then rest a little!"
He finally stopped moving. I looked down at him and saw that his eyes were closed. Me and Farid looked at each other, then looked back at Dustfinger. I leaned down over his face and put my forehead on his.
"Are you finally asleep or are you faking?" I whispered. One eye opened and looked at me.
"I'm trying to go to sleep like you told me to. . . Go talk to Farid, he missed you."
I smiled, stood up and tackled Farid. I couldn't stop laughing at the look on his face.
"Come on! Let's go talk!" But before we walked off, I glanced back at Dustfinger, who was looking at me weirdly. I kept on walking, though, instead of turning back around and talking to him, I walked and talked to Farid. But, of course, I wouldn't learn that until later on.