Chapter 5 - Re:Hope Eclipse...? (Class Trial, Part 2)

*CLASS TRIAL: REOPEN*

Monokuma: "So, it seems that everyone has agreed to reopen the third trial. As a reminder, as per the school rules, Kyoko's murder doesn't count due to Byakuya's body being found first. As such, if there is a separate blackened in this case, they will not face voting time or execution."

Yasuhiro Hagakure: "So, uh, what do we do first?"

Himiko Yumeno: "We need to go over what happened in the third trial, and Makoto and I can find the things that look weird. We can back each other up, and we have the files!"

*NONSTOP DEBATE*

Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu: "The case began the night of the motive, when we were shown each other's secrets."

Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu: "Nikei wasn't looking well and said the quality of their food went down when they were distressed. We later went our own ways, and Byakuya and Nikei were left in the cafeteria."

Nikei Yomiuri: "I worked on making breakfast pudding in the kitchen for the next day, and I left for a few minutes to grab the reanimator drug."

Nikei Yomiuri: "Little did I know that Mr. Saihara was given a note and a bag of poison, and he went into the kitchen and hid until I came back."

Akane Owari: "Once they had made the puddings and placed them in the fridge, they suddenly got sick and ran out, and they were cared for by Makoto all night."

Yasuhiro Hagakure: "In the cafeteria, Byakuya knew that something was up since they saw two people go in and only one come out, so he investigated and got murdered."

Yasuhiro Hagakure: "Shuichi confessed to both murders at the class trial, he was executed, and that's where the case ends."

Makoto Naegi: (There's a hole in this story here. I'll do everything in my power to make sure I find it!)

Yasuhiro Hagakure: "Shuichi confessed to both murders at the class trial, he was executed, and that's where the case ends."

What Maki Saw

Makoto Naegi: "No, that's wrong!"

*BREAK*

Makoto Naegi: "No, the case doesn't just end there. The night after the trial, Maki saw something that nobody but Himiko knew: Nikei was apparently putting Kyoko's student handbook in the sauna."

Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu: "Wait, what?!"

Nikei Yomiuri: "I had a perfectly good reason to do it too. Don't you all remember the case with Mr. Owada in the killing school life! He used a handbook of the opposite gender to do his murder. The thought hadn't occurred to me at the beginning of the game, but now that two men had died, the thought occurred to me that someone would try this again. Ms. Kirigiri's handbook were merely a test to see if the mastermind had built the handbooks to be stronger. There's no point in bringing all of them for there to be nothing broken, correct?"

Akane Owari: "Oh, I guess that makes a lot of sense!"

Makoto Naegi: "Except it doesn't. Because when Maki saved the handbook and went into Kyoko's room, she found the hidden evidence that we have now, and she showed it to Himiko too."

Himiko Yumeno: "And when Nikei found out that I knew what was in that room, they threatened me to be quiet!"

Yasuhiro Hagakure: "Woah, you threatened Himiko?! Not cool, man!"