Chapter 4

(3rd person Pov)

The three girls stared at the large monster which was getting ready to attack. Weiss was injured, but she still tried to get up and help her friends, but with no avail. The creature resembled a boarbatusk, but It was larger, white, and much stronger. Yang took a stance and asked: "Any idea how to defeat this?" Ruby shook her head and eyed the monster. Ganesha roared once again and charged at the girls. Meanwhile, Blake went to Weiss and began to treat her wounds. "Did he scratch you?", the cat Faunus asked. Weiss nodded, too weak to answer her teammate. "Shit.", Blake cursed, then she shouted, "I need to get Weiss into a hospital!" "What's wrong?", asked Ruby, who was currently trying to pierce the hard skin of the hog-like monster with her scythe. "She's been poisoned.", Blake answered, making the red reaper worry for her teammate, "Inferno always poisons his claws." "Then what are you waiting for?", Yang shouted, "Get her to the closest infirmary." Blake picked up Weiss and ran. Once she was out of sight, Yang tried to shoot into Ganesha's eyes, but the beast began to roll around the place like a regular boarbatusk would. The sisters had no time to evade it and were knocked a few meters away, their auras shattering in the process. Ruby looked helpless at the Beas that was reading for a final attack, but then a miracle happened. Before Ganesha could hit Yang and Ruby, they were both grabbed by someone and pulled out of the danger zone. Ruby looked in the direction of their savior and saw general Ironwood. "Now!", The general shouted and a spider-like Robot jumped in front of Ganesha. 

It merged all of its canons and began to charge up

It merged all of its canons and began to charge up. Once it was done, it fired a strong plasma beam at the unknown beast, injuring it. Ganesha roared in anger and wanted to destroy the machine responsible for its pain, but four more droids appeared and fired the same beam. Once the beams disappeared, the hog fell on the floor and disintegrated. Ironwood then called a bullhead which took them all back to Beacon.

Timeskip

Location: Team RWBY's Dorms

Weiss was lying on her bed asleep. Her teammates gathered around the table and were talking. "I mean it. If it wasn't for general Ironwood, me and Yang would be dead by now.", Ruby stated while hugging Yang. She was still terrified of what happened. Yang was patting the head of her younger sister and calming her down. "It's alright.", she whispered, "We're all alive and that's what matters the most." Blake was looking at them, worrying for her leader. Yang sighed and said: "I still can't believe that a thirteen-year-old child is capable of murdering a person without a second thought." Blake sighed. "That's what happens when a child is pushed too far. The White Fang likes to present him to the outsiders and frame humans as Monsters that even torture their own children. You would be surprised how many faunus joined them after the first time they have shown him to the public.", Blake stated grimly. Weiss began to stir in her bed and soon she opened her eyes. "W-what happened?", she asked weakly, "Where am I?" Ruby rushed towards the heiress and shouted: "Weiss! You're awake!" Soon Weiss got hugged by all of her teammates. "Can't... Breathe...", Weiss gasped and the girls went back to their chairs. "So... What happened after I passed out?", she asked. Ruby was the first one to speak: "Well, we kinda nearly lost to that monster, but we were saved by General Ironwood." Weiss looked surprised but decided to not ask further questions about the battle. Instead, she decided to ask about something that troubled her since her recent fight with Inferno: "During that Brawl, Inferno said something about the pain that my family has caused him. What did he mean by this Blake?" She asked the cat Faunus automatically because she was her only source of information on that immature killer.

Blake avoided eye contact with the white-haired girl, but she still answered. "As you should know, there are still people, who view Faunus as something lower than them. So they treat them like they were treated decades ago. They use them as slaves for all purposes. Most of those enslaved Faunus are used for labor.", Blake finally looked into Weiss' eyes, "And among the Fang, it is common knowledge that the SDC is using the majority of them." Weiss opened her mouth wide open in shock. "I-I knew my father was not very fond of Faunus, but this..." She was speechless, but somehow, not surprised. After she witnessed what he has done to (Y/N), Weiss knew that this man was capable of every crime. "But the SDC is also using Humans.", Blake continued. "Usually they are the concurrence, but sometimes they buy or rent them from willing people. That was also Inferno's fate. His parents rented him to the SDC." Weiss didn't know what to say. Yang decided to put an end to this unpleasant conversation: "We should go to sleep. We have classes tomorrow." The rest of team RWBY agreed and soon the lights in their dorm went out. But there still was light. And it was coming from the headmaster's office.

Meanwhile

Location: Headmasters Office, Beacon Academy

"...It was really a close call. That monster would have eradicated them if I hadn't sent those droids.", Ironwood ended his report. Glynda sighed. "And we are thankful for that, James. You really did us a favor.", she thanked him. "It wasn't a favor.", James said, "I was merely doing my job. This child's semblance is very powerful, it is..." "Perhaps it isn't a semblance.", he was interrupted by Ozpin. "They both looked at him and Glynda asked: "What do you mean?" Ozpin took a sip from his mug and started to elaborate: "When Inferno summoned that beast, I felt a strange energy. It wasn't coming from his aura, it seemed that he doesn't even have one. My guess is, that she tried to replicate the maidens." James thought about it for a while. "It is a possibility.", He then said, "However, we can't do any summaries without proper investigation. When I return to Atlas, I will research whatever this power is. Perhaps it was here before and I can find something in the Archives. If I have to, I will aces also those from the previous Era." "Do this.", Ozpin approved, "I have the feeling that it will prove useful."

Location: Mt. Glenn

((Y/N)'s Pov)

I went to our new Hideout at mountain Glenn and looked at the work that was done. My pack mates were loading dust crates and weapons onto the train. Once I stepped into the light, they began working harder, just like every time I was nearby "Status report.", I ordered and Perry came to me and began his report: "Things are going swiftly. If everything goes fine, the train should be ready in a few days." I nodded satisfied. Then, Sirin contacted me: 'We need to talk.' I immediately went to my dorm and warped into the void, where Sirin immediately began to pull on my ear. "OW, that hurts.", I winced, but she didn't release me. "What were you thinking?", she began to scold me, "Releasing Ganesha and showing your powers to them, do you know what could happen when they find out about your power?!" I didn't like it when Sirin scolded me. She was mostly lecturing me for things I've done wrong in her eyes... And she was always right. "One more time", she threatened me, releasing my hurting ear, "And you will be punished, understood?" I hung my head down and mumbled a silent 'Yes'. "I didn't hear you properly, I asked: understood?", She repeated. "Yes, I understood, sensei.", I said out loud. Sirin nodded and we were brought back to my room. I undressed and went to my bed. I had lots of work tomorrow.

To be continued...