Chapter 7

((Y/N)'s POV)

During the time the Vytal Festival began, Sirin was training me harder than before. She began working on my endurance and the amount of Honkai I was able to use in one go. I was practicing fighting on a flying object with Benares as a test subject. Me and Sirin were sparring with swords. I tried to stab her, but she sidestepped and I fell off Benares. I closed my eyes and waited for a hard impact, but I landed on something... soft. I opened my eyes to see Benares in a semi-human appearance.

 I opened my eyes to see Benares in a semi-human appearance

You alright, Hatchling? , she asked me. Soon, Sirin floated down to us and asked in an annoyed tone: "Would you mind putting your head out of there?" It took me a while to notice that my face was in her cleavage. "Like what you see?", Benares asked me in a teasing tone. I didn't understand what she meant, so I did what Sirin told me to do in such situations: Ignore it. I got up and let my sword disappear. "That's enough for today.", Sirin announced, "Let us visit another Herrscher." She took me by my shoulder and teleported us into the Herrschers domain. It was a windy landscape with lots of tornadoes and hurricanes.

I didn't even finish looking around when a voice sounded through the realm: "Well well well

I didn't even finish looking around when a voice sounded through the realm: "Well well well. Would you look at this. The mighty Herrscher of the Void has finally found someone suitable to join us. How long has it been, five millennia?" A girl of my size has manifested in front of us.

She looked at me curiously, then she introduced herself: "I am the Herrscher of Wind, also known as Wendy

She looked at me curiously, then she introduced herself: "I am the Herrscher of Wind, also known as Wendy. Nice to meet you, young one." "Nice to meet you too", I replied. Wendy flew around me while asking me questions like: "What's your favorite food?", "What's your favorite weapon?", and so on. After a while was Wendy satisfied. She told me a few things about herself, then Sirin teleported us to my room in the White Fang hideout.

"Man, that was a day.", I said tiredly. "Indeed, but in a positive way. Mostly." The last word Sirin said was only a faint whisper, but I still heard it. I got out of my room and began walking through the Base. My packmates were preparing cages and bullheads with Grimm. They were nearly finished and with that, the last preparations for the big day. "Were there any casualties?" I asked the overseer. "No, not at all.", he replied, "But that Cinder girl was looking for you, sir." I acknowledged his words with a nod and went looking for Cinder. I found her not far from the canteen. As soon as I approached her, she turned around and said: "Oh, (Y/N), I was looking for you." "So I've been told.", I replied. Cinder smiled. "You know, since my boss intends to work with the White Fang even after we've finished the job, I thought it would be better for us to get to know each other a bit better.", she proposed. 'What?!', Sirin shrieked. I looked at Cinder suspiciously. "I'm not sure if I want to.", I responded, "You're not even part of the pack and Sirin doesn't like the way you're looking at me. And honestly, it's creeping me out too." Cinder immediately s changed her look from ‚bunny in heat' to ‚mischievous woman'(Sirin's terms). "I'm sorry.", she apologized, "But back to my offer: are you accepting it?" I thought about it for a while. If what she said is true, then it would be profiting to know her better. Know your Prey. "All right, what do you have in mind?", I said at last. Cinder smirked and proposed: "What about tomorrow at three in the afternoon?" I agreed with a nod and she said: "It's a date then.", before walking away. In my head popped up a question: What's a date?

Timeskip: The next day

Me and Cinder were walking through the streets of Vale. I used Honkai to adapt my look to Cinder's, so I looked like her little brother. We were currently on the way to a certain café that Neo recommended to us. We sat down, ordered ice, and began our conversation. "So, I think I should be the one to ask first.", Cinder stated, "Tell me, where are you from? How did you end up in the White Fang?" The most common questions. "I was born in one of the villages south of Atlas.", I started to tell her the made-up story, which was the official version of my life, "My parents were abusing me for no reason, they just wanted to. One day, they sold me to the SDC. That's how I landed in the mines. I met Adam there and helped him to escape. Months later he came back with a squad and freed everyone from the mine, including me." Cinder nodded at my words, looking kinda touched. "What about you?" I asked. She hesitated for a while, then she told me: "My childhood is similar to yours. Since I can remember, I was living in an orphanage, until a wealthy lady from Atlas took me in. But not as an adoptive daughter, she took me as a slave. I had to clean, cook, and many other things. The woman had two daughters who took great pleasure in tormenting me. One day I snapped, which led to me getting an electroshock necklace. And then, one day I stole a huntsman's sword. I thought he didn't notice me, but I was wrong. He tracked me down and offered to train me because he saw how they were treating me. Years later my stepsisters and stepmother found out about my sword." Cinder's hand formed into a fist and her voice turned bitter. "They didn't even have enough time to scream. But my mentor saw me and tried to arrest me, so I killed him too. As for me finding my boss... well that's a story for another time.", she ended her story with tears in her eyes.

I never thought that her Childhood would be similar to mine. I nodded and said: "Your past is just as bad as mine." Cinder nodded and asked: "So, what about your powers?" I explained to her how Sirin found me and granted me the ability to use Honkai. After that, I asked her about her boss, to which she replied: "You'll find out when the time is right." We ate our ice cream and returned to our positions. Once I arrived at the hideout, a packman called out to me: "Sir, Adam is awaiting you in the Meeting room." I nodded and went to see Adam. "(Y/N).", He greeted me, "I want to discuss our plan for the great day." "What do you have in mind?", I asked. Adam turned on the holographic table which showed Beacon Academy. "Once the chaos has broken out, We will drop off Grimm here", He points at the courtyard, "here", the entrance, "and here.", and the cafeteria. Adam continued: "I will oversee the action and try to find Blake. You will make sure no one of our men is harmed. And please, don't summon your monsters. I want to keep your abilities hidden until they are absolutely necessary. And while you are at it, you can settle your score with the Schnees, understood?" "Yes.", I agreed, "What about Cinder and her henchmen?" "Let them do their job. Once they've finished, retreat to the hideout. And until then...", Adam replied, "you can do whatever you want, the preparations have been finished."

To be Continued...