Chapter 1

Location: Vale docks

(Blake's Pov)

I was watching at the docks, looking for any sign of intruders. Suddenly, Sun jumped down beside me. "Did I miss anything?", the monkey Faunus asked. "Not really.", I replied, "They've offloaded the crates from the boat. Now they're just sitting there." While I was saying that, the reason for my location was stinging in my mind. Weiss Schnee, my teammate and the heiress to the SDC, insulted the Faunus as barbaric thieves. In the heat of the argument, I snapped at her and accidentally revealed my criminal past in the White Fang. Sun smiled and passed me an apple. "Cool, I stole you some food.", he said. I responded: "Do you always break the law without a second thought?" Sun looked offended and countered: "Hey! Weren't you in a cult or something?" I glared at him, making him look down. "Okay, too soon" It was obvious that he tried to get close to me, but I wouldn't let him. Especially not after what happened with Adam.

Then we were interrupted by the sound of bullheads. It landed between the containers and then multiple masked figures came out. "Oh no.", I whispered, recognizing the emblems and the too-familiar masks. Sun looked at me and asked: "Is it them?" I nodded and confirmed his question. I still couldn't believe that it was indeed the White Fang that was responsible for the dust robberies. Sun interrupted the silence: "You really didn't think that they were behind it, didn't you?" "No.", I replied sadly, "Deep down I knew. I just didn't want to be right." Then, another surprise came to light. Out of the bullhead came Roman Torchwick. He was swinging his cane like he would be a nobleman, taking a walk. "Hey! What's the holdup? We're not exactly the most inconspicuous bunch of thieves, so why don't you animals try to pick up the pace?" A few of the Faunus growled at his words. "This isn't right.", I stated confused, "The white fang would never...", but then I was interrupted by a purple glow. A spear flew past Roman and pierced the floor, only a few inches from his feet. The said criminal jumped in surprise and looked at the bullhead.

I could see someone's silhouette exiting the airship. The person was small and had a black White Fang outfit, one only high-ranked officers were allowed to wear. The metal claws on his hands shone brightly in the moonlight. Then I heard the newcomer's voice, and I immediately recognized the immature sound and the unique expressions only one member of the White Fang would use..

 Then I heard the newcomer's voice, and I immediately recognized the immature sound and the unique expressions only one member of the White Fang would use

"I would recommend that you stop insulting my packmates if you don't want to end up like my prey." I was unable to move, the presence of this individual could mean only one thing. Something big is about to happen. Sun must have noticed my shocked face and asked: "What's the big deal?" I didn't respond. Instead, I snuck to Roman and placed Gambol Shroud under his neck. "What?", he exclaimed surprised, "Oh for f-" "Nobody move!", I shouted, interrupting the criminal. All of the present people looked at me and I removed my bow. "Brothers of the White Fang, why are you aiding this scum?" The White Fang soldiers seemed to be confused and lowered their weapons. "Kid, didn't you get the memo?", Roman asked me. I pressed my sword more onto his neck and questioned him: "What are you talking about?" "The White Fang and I are going in on a giant business venture together.", he replied. "Tell me what it is", I began to threaten him, "or I'll put an end to your little operation." Suddenly, more bullheads flew to our location. Roman smirked and said: "I wouldn't call this exactly a little operation." While I got distracted by the incoming bullheads, Roman fired a shot from his cane under my feet. The explosion threw me back to a crate. Before I could stand up again, Roman fired another shot. I rolled away, evading every round he fired and hiding behind a dust container.