Chapter 2: Bad Mood

"What are you listening too?" She asked. I just yelled at her, gosh I'm such an idiot.

"I-I uh...." What I wanted to say wouldn't come out of my mouth.

"Can I listen?" She asked.

"Sure." I said. She put the ear bud in her ear. I seriously think I have a stuttering problem. She asked me a simple question and I couldn't answer it.

"Have those guys bothered you again? She asked.

"No." I said.

"If they do, tell me, okay?"She said with a tender smile.

"Okay, thanks by the way." I told her.

"No problem." She said. The sun seemed to be bothering her, so she covered her eyes with her hand. The way the sun hit, it made her skin glow- what the hell am I saying!? I need to snap out of it.

"Where did you go yesterday?" I decided to ask.

"Something came up. Sorry I left without saying anything."

"You don't have to apologize. It's not like we're friends right." This is why I don't like talking, I say the stupidest things.

"Awe darn, I was hoping to be your first friend." She said sarcastically. I swear her smile was contagious. She smiled, which made me smile.

"I don't think you want to hang out with a freshman." I said.

"Why do you say that?" She asked.

"My own sister doesn't even look at me." It's true. I mean I don't blame her, but she could at least show me around.

"Why don't you go and talk to her? She's right over there isn't she?" She said pointing to Jessica's direction.

"How did you know it was her?" I asked. I don't remember telling her.

"News travels fast around here." She said.

"Ah, okay." I said.

"Just go over there and say hi or something." Yeah right. I'd make a fool of myself. There is no way I'm going over there.

"I think I'm good just sitting here." I said.

"I'll go with you." She took the ear bud out and stood up. She held out her hand.

"I really don't want to." I hoped she'd change the subject.

"Fine. I'll go over there." She said, about to start walking.

"N-No, please don't." I grabbed her by the arm.

"It'll be okay, she's your sister." She said.

"I'm not going over there, so please stop insisting." I pleaded.

"Okay, I'll stop." She said.