Chapter 1: School

I was getting my class schedule. It was my first day at my new school. I had moved back to Korea. I lived in the states with my mom and she decided I should move in with my dad and sister.

She told me it would be better for me. I turned fifteen when she told me this, but I wasn't stupid. I knew she didn't want to deal with me. She would always be out, so the easiest way not to worry about me was to send me with my dad. What a present right?

Everything was new. I wasn't very familiar with the language so I knew it would be difficult to make friends and understand what was said in class. Either way I didn't mind being alone.....or at least that's what I told myself. I didn't have a lot of friends back home.

I was sitting in the principles office and I had to admit I was very nervous. My hands were a little sweaty and I was shaking my leg a lot to calm my nerves. I wasn't sure who he was talking to on the phone but I'm guessing it was important since he wasn't paying attention to me.

After he was done talking he gave me my schedule, and told me I would be very happy in this school. I just nodded. He said he would get someone to show me around but I said I would be fine. So he let me leave. I said no because I didn't want to talk to anyone. I'm not very good with conversations. My sister brought me, but she went her own way after leaving me in here.

I went to the locker that was assigned to me. Class had started, but I can use the 'I'm new here' excuse to get away with it. I was trying to open my locker when I heard someone walking. It sounded like they were coming my way.

I was right. Their locker was right next to mine. I wouldn't dare look up. I didn't want to make eye contact because I knew it would be awkward. They opened theirs and I was still trying to open mine. How lame right? I guess they noticed I was struggling.

"Do you need help?" They asked, but they asked in English.

"Uh Yes." I said. How did they know I spoke English?

"It can be very tricky the first time." I got out of the way and I finally looked up. It was a girl. For some reason my eyes were locked on her and I couldn't look anywhere else. Her English was good......almost perfect. She was able to get it open when I told her the combination.

"Thank you." I said.

"You're welcome." She said.

"How did you know I was new?" I asked.