Chapter 12: Secret Revealed

"There is one thing I need from you though." She said.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Honesty...if I'm going to be honest with you, then you need to be honest with me, okay?" She told me. I can be honest.

"Sure." I said.

"Then let's do this, we get to ask each other questions about anything and we have to answer honestly no matter what, okay?" She said.

"Okay." I answered.

"I'll go first. Do you-" Before she could finish asking the question, she received a phone call. She excused herself and I kept thinking about what she was going to ask me. Do I what? Whoever called her had really bad timing. I was becoming anxious because I really wanted to know what Jessica was going to ask me. Gosh this really sucks. She finally came back.

"Who was it?" I asked.

"My friend was just making sure I was going to the party." She said. I noticed she wasn't sitting back down.

"Are we leaving?" I asked.

"We should get going so we can get ready for the party. We can ask questions later." She said. I was frustrated knowing I would have to wait, but I didn't let it show.

"Okay, sure." I said standing up. We threw our trash away and began walking out of the mall. When we got outside there were a few clouds, but it wasn't raining. Kids would probably still go trick or treating even if it was raining. We got in the car and were on our way home. It didn't take long for us to get home.

Jessica gave me my things and told me to get ready. We both went to our rooms and began getting dressed. As I was putting on the dress I realized it was a bit short for my taste and I knew I would feel uncomfortable. Hopefully it would be dark so no one would notice. I don't want a pervert staring up my dress. Great, the party hasn't even started and I was already second guessing it. I put on some make up and since its Halloween I put on dark eyeliner.

Even though I was going to wear a mask my eyes were still visible, so I put more attention on the eye makeup and I put on some rosy lipstick. When I was done I looked at myself in the mirror and laughed a bit. 'I got all fixed up for a party where people will probably not even notice me...don't think like that Krystal. This is your night to have some fun even if its just by yourself,' I told myself out loud.