Chapter 11: Bonding

Her last class was finally over, but as everyone else was leaving, Krystal stayed seated and continued to do her work. Jessica walked over to her.

"Do you want me to wait for you?" Jessica asked. Krystal was a bit surprised at the fact that Jessica was being so nice.

"No, it's okay. I'm not sure how long I'll be here anyway." Krystal said.

"I just don't want you to go walking in the rain. You'll get soaked." Jessica explained with worry in her voice.

"Don't worry, if it keeps raining by the time I'm done, then I'll call you, okay?" Krystal told her. Jessica nodded and left. The truth was Krystal had finished her homework, but she just didn't want to go home. She didn't like being home, and she was always alone anyway. After she was sure Jessica left, she got up and looked for a book to distract her for a bit.

She grabbed a random book from the shelf and took it back to her seat. She tried reading it, but she didn't find it interesting. Not long after, she began to get bored. She put her arm on the table and rested her head on it. Then, she slowly dozed off to sleep. She was suddenly woken up by the sound of thunder. She blinked a few times to make sure she was fully awake. She looked up at the clock and only about an hour had passed.

She got up and put the book back in its place. While putting her things back in her backpack she was receiving a phone call from Jessica, but she didn't answer. She walked out from the library and began walking aimlessly through the halls. There were still a few kids in school, so it wasn't too lonely. Before walking out of school, she put the books she didn't need back in her locker.

When she walked out it was pouring. There was a spot where there was a roof that would shield her from the rain. She thought if she waited under there, the rain would eventually stop. She didn't want to bother Jessica and ask for a ride. Plus, walking home gave her time to just relax and think.

"*Sigh* When is the rain going to stop?" Krystal asked herself. She waited there a few minutes, but the rain wouldn't stop. She put her coat on and decided to just walk home in the rain. The only problem with the coat was that it didn't have a hood, so her head would get soaked. 'Just great' Krystal thought to herself. As she was leaving campus, someone beeped at her. Krystal got startled and turned around. The car pulled up closer and rolled down their window. It was non-other than Taeyeon.

"What do you think you're doing?" Taeyeon said with a tone that sounded both serious and worried.

"I'm walking home." Krystal answered.

"You're getting drenched. Get in." Taeyeon told her.

"No, I'm fine. My house isn't far from here." Krystal refused. She began to walk again. She wanted the ride but told herself to decline the offer. Taeyeon sighed with a bit of frustration, put her car in park, got out, and went after Krystal.

"Don't be stubborn, come on." Taeyeon said grabbing her hand and pulling her to the car's passenger seat. Krystal didn't say anything; the only thing on her mind was the fact that Taeyeon held her hand. She got the feeling of butterflies in her stomach, and she could feel her face turning red. She thought it was a good thing it was raining because Taeyeon might think her cheeks are turning red because of the cold.