⋆˚ ༘♡ 。˚𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 𝐗𝐈𝐕

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

The woods were an eerily dark place, and up ahead you could see a cottage. It seemed old and rotten, kind of like Ramshackle. The woods created a type of uncomfortable silence; One you would find in a horror movie.

"So this is Dwarfs' Mine.. It used to be prosperous, thanks to magic crystal mining but.."

Deuce said, looking around.

This wasn't surprising. People naturally gravitate to a place which can give them a job, which is a huge pull factor. She could only assume that the crystal mining in the cave would be extremely attentive to people, but like always, it would've run out sooner or later, and with nothing to mine, it was naturally abandoned. It's happened back in her world plenty of times.

Even though she couldn't remember anything of her original life, she could understand and remember things she learned like... It wasn't really explainable...

She couldn't remember what her family was like, what her friends looked like, but she remembered things she would've learned in a regular school, like how to do math. She remembers she was in medical school, studying to become a doctor.

"Uuuuhh.. Feels like something could jump out..."

Grim muttered, looking around the dark place. He wasn't wrong; Many things could be hiding here.

"Oh, there's a house back there. Let's go ask them about the mine."

Ace said, pointing to the cottage.

Had he not seen how abandoned it looked? There was clearly moss and mold on it, with the wood looking old and frail. Maybe it was the darkness, or the ambition to find the crystal that blocked his view. As the quintet walked to the house in relative silence, [Name] and Yuu's feeling of dread got subtly larger as they walked closer to the building. When they got to the door, Deuce knocked and waited, but nobody came.

They then decided to just walk in, [Name] covering her face with her sweater due to the amount of dust in there. Her feet were carefully placed on the wooden floor, careful not to injure herself as her arm was already wounded. Besides, her shorter-than-usual cargo shorts did nothing to protect her legs.