chapter 5

it was morning and i woke up to draco yelling at crabbe and goyle.

"you guys are little jerks! don't ever come near us again!"

what the? i get dressed and go see what the commotion was about.

"what was that all about draco?" i ask. "crabbe and goyle are just jerks and like to make fun of cosette."

oh no. draco really liked cosette and when someone makes fun of someone he is really in to, he gets mad. MAD.

"oh draco, i am so sorry. lets go down to breakfast for the first day. it'll be a good year! maybe cosette will be there!" i say.

right as we got there, draco and i saw cosette and george talking.

right after we all made eye contact, cosette came and sat with draco and i.

me and george waved to each other, but didn't say anything. after breakfast, cosette and draco walked together to potions, and i was behind them.

"i wonder what it would be like to walk to class with someone i liked" i think in my head.

just then, fred came around the corner. "hey rachel!" he said. "fred i'm sorry i'm trying to get to class. i don't mean to be rude or anything! where's emma anyway?" i say.

emma is fred's girlfriend and they are the cutest couple in the school.

"she's walking some first years to the defense against the dark arts class. didn't you hear though? our potions class is combined now! our class didn't learn much in potions last year, so they decided to combine them!" fred says.

great. now i'm going to be stuck with george in this class. just great.

"okay cool! where's george anyway? aren't you two always together?" i say.

"oh still stuck on georgie aye?" "no!" i say, a little too quickly.

"okay whatever you say malfoy. look who we have here! hey george! we were just talking about you!" fred says.

"you were?" george says. "hope nothing bad then."

"oh no not at all don't worry" fred says.

"hey rachel! how are you?" george asks.

i noticed that fred was talking to lee jordan now.  just what i needed. to make this conversation even more awkward with fred gone!

"i'm doing good! how about you?" i say. everything's going good so far, although i've only said one thing to him. it's fine i guess.

"good, good. how was your summer? talked to lots of boys i'm assuming aye?" oh no.

"actually no! i was..umm..waiting for someone to like me back but obviously that didn't happen. anyways, this summer i spent most of it by the lake by the manor. how was your summer?"

i really just said that out loud.

"oh well whoever that man you were waiting for is a douchebag and he definitely missed out on dating an amazing girl."

okayyyy that was kinda cute but little does he know, he was the douchebag that missed out on dating me. wow. just wow george.

"my summer was great actually! i spent loads of time playing quidditch with ginny and fred, i got so good at it i bet i could beat you in a game."

was he challenging me?

"oh you're on! name a day and i'm there." i say. i'm going to kick his trash.

"oh it's on! this saturday at the quidditch field."

"game on."

fred of course over heard all of this happening. "sounds like a date to me!" fred said from down the hallway. i hate him.

"SHUT UP!" george and i both yell at the same time. we laughed it off and then talked about quidditch and school.