chapter 24

i woke up to talking, but i wasn't sure who's voice it belonged to.

i rose out of bed and saw fred and harry sitting down, sniggering at the fact we were in the same bed.

"what are you two doing here?!" i ask them.

"you two shouldn't be in the same bed, if mum were here she'd be bloody pissed" fred says.

"oh shove off you two, we both couldn't sleep and he told me to lay down by him. this always happened at school, so there's not much of a difference." i say to them.

george woke up from us talking. it was now 10 am and we all got dressed and ready for the day.

"morning weasleys, and others of course!" lupin says, coming inside after working sleepless nights according to george.

why was he here? i hadn't seen lupin since our third year so it was great seeing him again.

while he was the DADA professor, he had become a father figure to me.

"professor lupin!" i said when giving him a hug after harry did.

"rachel! what are you doing here during the summer?" he asked.

everyone looked over at george. he still looked very confused. as smart as lupin was, he could still be very slow sometimes. it was just how his brain worked.

"i'll tell you later" i say to him. after breakfast we all hung out for a bit until lupin called me over to talk to him.

"so what was it you were going to tell me earlier? why are you here?" he asks.

i can't believe he still didn't understand!

"oh, well...you see, george and i are in a relationship and have been since christmas." i say to him.

he knew that i liked george, because during the third year i basically told him everything and anything.

"that is so wonderful to hear! i'm so happy for you!" he says while giving me a hug.

"thank you! well if you don't mind me asking, why are you here?" i ask him.

"here at the burrow, we have a group called the order. dumbledore is giving us many orders to do to help try and defeat he-who-must-not-be-named. it is risky business sometimes so none of the kids can join, sorry." he says to me.

"oh no big deal, i wouldn't want to be getting killed anytime soon" i say, as we both laugh.

"i'm going to go back with everyone" i say to him. "it sure was great talking to you" i say to him as i head back with everyone.

i was falling asleep in the living room that night onto george's shoulder. he carried me back up the stairs bridal style, after tripping earlier and spraining my foot.

he laid me down onto his bed and kissed my forehead.

"goodnight rachel, i love you darling."

he says and exits the room. what a wonderful life.

sort of a filler chapter, but i hope it was good <3