chapter 29

before we knew it, it was time to head back to hogwarts. we packed everything up and got to the train station.

"this has been an amazing two weeks, thank you arthur and molly for having me here at the burrow!" i say hugging them.

"well of course! you can come here anytime you like, don't even worry!" molly replied.

everybody got on the train and we headed back to the school. it was a fun train ride as we played wizards chess and talked for a while before we had to get off the train.

right was i unpacked after we had gotten back, i passed out on my bed because of how tired i was. i woke up to a strange noise, which sounded like my door opening.

"rachel, it's just me george. i think i left my camera in your trunk" he says.

i sat up and realized i wasn't in my covers or anything. i got back into my blankets and laid back down. george got his camera then left me a kiss on the forehead.

he was an amazing person.

-the next day-

i couldn't believe my eyes.

i saw george with angelina by the potions dungeon. he promised me he would never talk to here again. is he okay?

i walked up to him and grabbed his hand.

"hey georgie!" i said to him

"why are you grabbing my hand? why would you disrespect angelina and i's relationship like that?"

what?

"what do you mean george? i'm your girlfriend, the girl you said you were completely in love with? the one you said you would never leave?" i say back to him, feeling like i was about to puke.

"rachel, i have no idea what you're talking about. we've always been friends, but nothing more than that." he says.

i couldn't believe him.

"george weasley. do you remember that night of the yule ball, when you ran after me at the astronomy tower and gave a whole speech on how you loved me?" i asked him.

"i don't, that was probably a dream. you probably wish that it was more than that though." he says, making angelina laugh.

i ran into potions class, and sat down. i then remembered that i sit next to george. i didn't want to sit next to him after what just happened.

george walked in while holding hands with angelina, was they were laughing. fred saw them and then looked at me. i was tearing up and wanted to punch a wall.

fred walked over to me and engulfed me in a hug. "i'm so sorry. i have no idea what has gotten into him." he says.

"it's fine, i always knew this day would come." i say back to him, holding back my tears.

i hadn't known this day would come, george had told me he loved and that he was planning on marrying me, multiple times he said that. now i feel betrayed.

"today we will be reviewing what amortentia is. would anybody like to say what it is?" professor snape asked.

my hand flew up into the air, hoping that what i was about to say would give george some recognition of what happened earlier.

"yes, miss malfoy?" snape said to me.

"amortentia is the worlds most powerful love potion." i said.

"correct malfoy. 10 points to slytherin." he says

george was staring at angelina, completely star struck by her. he was obviously in love with her and there was nothing i could do about it.

"miss malfoy, would you mind sharing what you smelled in your amortentia?" snape asks.

i'm still going to smell george, i can't let that happen.

but i was wrong. i smelled something different.

"i- i smell treacle tart and... pumpkin juice..."

i didn't smell george anymore? was this good or bad? but, who smelled like treacle tart and pumpkin juice?

we continued the lesson and i saw someone staring at me.

it was harry. i smelled harry in my amortentia. and he probably smelled me, or else why would he be looking at me the way he was.

i started to feel sick. i couldn't breath correctly and almost fell over when i tried standing.

ron, who had basically become my brother at this point, helped me and helped me walk over to professor snape.

"sir i'm feeling a bit sick, may i go back to my dormitory?" i asked him.

"very well then, and i am very sorry about george. i saw what happened." he says to me.

snape liked me so i knew that this wasn't a big deal to him, but he also worked with my father so that could be a big part of it.

ron helped walk me to my dorm and helped lay me down on my bed.

"thank you ron. so much." i said whilst hugging him.

"of course and i have no idea why all of a sudden george is acting like this. he would talk about you every night and how in love he was with you. angelina probably did something but i have no idea. but i do know who you smelled in your potion today." he says.

"i do too, but i had no idea. harry? he's like my brother, i have no idea how i smelled him." i say to him.

"well, you should know that ginny and him broke up. she apparently had a thing for dean and that broke harry. she broke up with him right before we left to come back. so, if you want you can talk to harry." he says.

"thanks ronald" i say ruffling his hair.

i can't believe this has actually happened. the love of my life betrayed me.

IM SORRY FOR THIS. but it added some like spice ig but it'll be good later, you'll see hehe