chapter 10

"okay students! the yule ball will be held on christmas day and boys will ask the girls to attend the dance with them! we will be having a practice right now! i will need someone to be my partner to show everyone how to dance."

i hear ron whisper something to harry. i knew what was coming.

"mr. weasley, since you were talking, i assume you were volunteering to help me out?" mcgonagall says.

"what?" ron replies.

"yes go on ron!" harry and i say at the same time.

it was hilarious seeing ron having to dance with professor mcgonagall.

me, emma, george and fred were all standing next to each other and laughing to whole time.

"oy!" harry says to us. "never gonna let him forget this are you?" harry says to us.

"NEVER!" all four of us say.

we all start dancing along with ron and the music. we were all released at the bell.

i see fred bow down to emma with a rose and say "emma mae lupin, will you go to the yule ball with me?"

they were so cute!
"i would be honored to, fred weasley."

hopefully george will ask me to go with him!

~1 week later~

george still hasn't asked me to the yule ball. all my friends had dates already.

draco with cosette, ginny and harry, neville and luna, emma and fred and blaise and pansy.

i keep seeing people getting asked and hate seeing it happen.

i went to bed that night crying. draco comes in every night to say goodnight and he saw me crying in bed.

"what's wrong love?" draco asks.

"oh nothing. just that george still hasn't asked me to the ball yet." i say.

"rachel, he will ask you i promise. keep your head up, don't give up yet. the yule ball is in 2 weeks. it will be okay! i promise." he says.

"thanks draco. love you!" i say.

"love you too" draco came and gave me a kiss on the forehead.

it was the next morning and pansy, blaise and i were going to breakfast. usually draco waits for us so i didn't know where he is.

"do you guys know where draco is?" i ask pansy and blaise.

"no idea! maybe he woke up earlier and decided to go eat?" pansy says.

"oh okay." i say. i saw blaise and pansy give each other eyes. were they up to something.

we got to the great hall and i saw george on the drums, fred on the guitar and draco on the bass.

fred yells "hey where's the drum?!" oh my gosh. they all start playing their instruments and george starts to sing classic by mkto, my favorite muggle song that harry showed me.

as i'm walking down the great hall, harry and ginny were throwing petals around me.

when they were done singing, george says to me, "rachel dee malfoy, would you please attend the yule ball with me?"

there was a long pause. i made a face as if i was thinking with and then said "well of course i'll go to the yule ball with you george!" i replied.

the whole great hall started clapping and woo-ing.

"it was about time george weasley" i say to george.

"oh when we were at the first practice i already knew i was going to ask you after but i didn't know how to ask you." george says.

"GET A ROOM!" fred yells when he was down the hallway as we walked out of the great hall to potions class.

"SAYS YOU! PLUS WERE ONLY TALKING!" george yells.