🆃🅴🆂🆃 𝟎𝟎𝟏 - 𝙐𝙧𝙗𝙖𝙣 𝙚𝙭𝙥𝙡𝙤𝙧𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣

⌦ 𝙐𝙧𝙗𝙖𝙣 𝙚𝙭𝙥𝙡𝙤𝙧𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 ⌫

"Hi, hi? Is this thing recording? Good: three, two, one, and

"Hi, hi? Is this thing recording? Good: three, two, one, and...", _____ clapped once and started to talk in front of the camera, "Hello! My name is _____, I'm recording in the woods of my city, South Blue. It's midnight", she showed her phone's screen to the camera. It marked 00:04, "and I believe something weird is happening here".

She turned the lens to film the path in front of her while she walked.

"I know, you must be thinking: '_____, what the hell are you doing walking around alone in the forest at night?'", she turned the camera to her to answer her own question, "I was wondering the same thing, but I got a good answer".

She walked through the shrubbery, careful not to rip her clothes. Thank goodness she had dressed nicely for the occasion: the same clothes she used against the cold and nature when she went out to do some urban exploration.

"Have you guys heard about this forest's rumours? Well, I guess if you're not from here, there's no way you could have heard them... Briefly: people say weird... stuff happened inside South Blue's abandoned laboratory. You know, experimentation with humans and all of that".

_____ kicked a rock with her foot, careful not to trip. She brought a flashlight with her to light up the path, but it still was too dark. At least she could see better with the night vision of her camera.

"They're just rumours. Things grown-ups told children so they wouldn't enter the forest (as I'm doing) and hurt themselves", she laughed a bit, "But a few weeks ago, something weird has been happening: all of the animals are moving away from the forest. This will sound like I'm paranoid but let me explain". She smiled, even though the camera wasn't pointing at her.

She almost trips with a tree root, but as she was walking at a slow pace, she could retrieve her balance. She focused the camera so it wouldn't point to the floor.

"Sorry about that; I almost fell", she cleared her throat, "Whatever. All of this started three weeks ago, more or less. The neighbours found dead birds near the forest since it's where they go to take their dogs out. This is not fake, a reliable source of information told me: my neighbour, Jinbei. He takes his dog for a walk around there from time to time. And I thought: "Okay, that's weird, but it might be an animal, a dog or something, the one who's killing them".

She pointed the camera to the ground, focusing on a sparrow's dead body.

"No; they don't have blood, nor wounds. Nothing", she zoomed in, "Poor bird...", she whispered, "It's like they had died in the middle of the flight. It can happen, I guess, due to the cold or something... But it's springtime! And isn't weird that it happened so frequently? Moreover, Jinbei's dog (a huge Saint Bernard) started to whimper when he took it to the forest. His dog!", she made her surprise clear, "It's better trained than the thugs that don't know trash cans are a thing, here", she scoffed, "Bonbon never behaved like that. Oh, Bonbon is the dog's name, by the way".

_____ continued her path, stepping with extreme care to avoid almost tripping again. She was getting close to her goal.

"And that's when things got suspicious. And since I'm the best urban explorer...", she jested, "Well, maybe my town's best urban explorer (yes, if you're wondering, I'm the only one). Anyway, since I'm my town's best urban explorer, I decided to investigate. And you know what I found?"

_____ straightened her backpack and jumped over a fence that wasn't even a meter tall.

"Nothing! I found nothing. I wanted to know more about that laboratory, having all of my suspicions on top of it. If all of the animals were walking away from here, where that place is, it would be only logical. But on the internet? Nothing (nothing useful, at least). In the library? Nothing. So, what was left? Indeed, my friends, I had to go there myself to investigate".

_____ moved away from some willow leaves that blocked her sight and pointed the camera towards the place she had come to find.

"There it is... The laboratory: L.T.I.O ". She had a goosebump.

 She had a goosebump