🆃🅴🆂🆃 𝟎𝟏𝟕 - 𝙎𝙚𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙘𝙮

⌦ 𝙎𝙚𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙘𝙮 ⌫

"Miss _______, when was the last time you saw your neighbour?"

"Miss _______, when was the last time you saw your neighbour?". Koby, an aspiring police officer was asking ______ about the incident. She was outside of the building, sitting down on the curb of the street. It was cold, so Koby gave her his coat and tried to comfort her. She saw the neighbour next door, Kokoro, who had offered to take care of Bonbon meanwhile.

"Some days ago", her voice was cracked from all the crying, "I went to ask him for clothes for...", she kept quiet. She couldn't mention Kid, "for a costume, a silly thing...". She lied.

"And... you say you came back from a party, the neighbour's dog came into your apartment and when you went to look, you saw the body?". Koby read what he had written in his little notebook.

"Yes". She answered without looking up. She hugged herself with the coat, trying to obtain some warmth.

Before the police came, _______ made Kid leave.

"Go".

"What?"

"They can't see you", she stepped back from him and wiped her tears away, "It would just make thing more complicated". She exhaled.

"I can't leave you alone". He refused, and ______ replied with a stern voice.

"Kid", she heard the police sirens, and her eyes were wide open, "Leave. Now", she pushed him, and it was the only time the android let her move it, "I'll come back for you when I can, alright? Everything will be fine, don't worry". She took his hands to comfort him before Kid jumped off the balcony, running at an inhuman speed towards the forest. Towards the laboratory.

"_______?". Koby asked, worried, leaving the polite title behind.

"Yeah?". The girl looked at him.

"I had asked you if you know someone who might have wanted Jinbei...". She furrowed her lips and shook her head.

She felt powerless. The police will think the objective of the murder was Jinbei, when, in reality, what they wanted was the stolen documents. Documents she couldn't mention to the police. But, then, the case would be investigated in vain.

The most probable happening was that the thief sneaked into her home and stole the documents. However, Jinbei must have seen him and tried to ask for help, causing his death.

It was her fault.

She was the one to blame.

If she hadn't gone to that party and stayed at home, Jinbei would be alive.