🆃🅴🆂🆃 𝟎𝟐𝟑 - 𝙆𝙞𝙙?

⌦ 𝙆𝙞𝙙? ⌫

When _________ reached the forest, she was panting, and her legs screaming for her to stop

'I've got no time to lose,' she thought while forcing herself to go on, even though her knees couldn't even hold her weight anymore. She cursed mentally when her throat started to hurt for breathing with her mouth open while running.

She put her hand on a tree trunk, resting for a bit when she saw she was near the laboratory.

'Okay, I need to rest...,' she breathed in the air she was missing.

"Kid?", she whispered, "Are you here?", she tried to call him, her voice still weak.

Even though it was still daytime, the cloud-covered sky loomed over the forest menacingly, and the treetops ate however little light shined upon it. If only she had her phone to use her portable lighthouse, aka flashlight.

"Kid?", she spoke louder this time, but fearful. 'I hope I don't attract anything dangerous...'. Would there be wild animals in these woods? Maybe she would have had to pay more attention in class... Too late for that, "Kid, it's me, where are you?", she walked towards the lab, shouting his name.

She obtained an answer to her call, but not the one she was expecting.

She heard a loud crash from the inside of the laboratory.

"Kid...", she started to run towards the lab, forgetting the pain in her legs. She searched for the window through which she entered the first day, "Here it is..."

But before she could even peek in, Kid's body was thrown away through the said window, falling with a dry thud on the dirt and grass.

"Dear Lord, are you alright?", she hurried to go next to him. She couldn't even take the time to be glad to see him again, especially safe and sound... Well, if flying through a window counts as safe and sound. A familiar voice appeared.

"I didn't expect us to see each other so soon", Law climbed up the window frame and exited the lab, approaching them.

"You son of a...", _______ muttered. Kid got up with ease, although he had a few scratches on his arms. How long had they been fighting?

"Stay back, ______," Kid put his arm in front of her and stood in front of the girl, "He's the one who stole the documents and killed Jinbei," he said.

"I know," she replied with disgust, "I also have many things to tell you..."

"I fear the time when you can do that will not come," said Law with fake sadness, "This ends here and now," he smiled with that creepy grin of his and lunged for Kid.

The redhead was also strong and didn't move from his spot. They struggled intensely until Kid managed to throw Law to the floor, some meters away. As if nothing had happened, the black-haired android got up, impassive, and tried to attack Kid again.