Chapter 12: Cognizance

The Student Council Office was painted blue and had two other sections, one on each side. The walls weren't that smooth, and the chairs lined up were worn out, and it was obvious. Scratches and tears made someone wonder why the Student Council Office was given little money. Sitting down on the chairs against the wall were Aloysius, Tuomo, and Kieran. They sat as they waited for Jolanda to come and sit at her desk, which was at the end of the room. With perfect timing, Jolanda soon came in and sat at her desk.

"Can someone explain exactly what happened in that room before I arrived?" Jolanda asked.

"You have to tell her the truth," Kieran whispered to Tuomo.

"No, if I do that, she might foil our plans in gaining more information," Tuomo contradicted in a whisper.

Jolanda had already looked impatient when she came in. Being the Student Council President is tough when the academy is very diverse.

"I have already dealt with many problems such as a mysterious person making a huge crater in the cafe a week ago. I'll let you three off for this time only. I don't care what it was but please, keep your scheming to a minimum amount of violence and destruction," Jolanda sighed as she pointed at the exit.

Kieran wasn't expecting that at all; Tuomo perceived it as a lucky escape. Aloysius didn't have a clue of what was going on. The only things he knew was, kidnapped, threatened, trouble. As long as nothing too bloody happened, Aloysius might as well forget about it. The three left the room as Jolanda got up from her seat. The Student Council Vice-President soon asked a question.

"Was it wise to let them off easy, Jolanda?" he asked.

"Don't worry about it; even if they did try to harm me, the chances of that are slim," Jolanda sighed.

As the three walked down the hallway, waiting at the stairwell was Darren. He wasn't looking for a fight; he was looking for assistance. Aloysius saw the look in Tuomo's eyes and wondered why he and Darren don't appear to get along.

"Hey, Kieran, do you remember me?" Aloysius asked shyly.

"Of course I do; you're the student named Aloysius Nichols, right?" Kieran responded.

Aloysius nodded and opened his mouth, "Why does Tuomo not like Darren?"

"Oh, you know him, did not know that; Well, to my understanding, Tuomo has a grudge with Darren. I know more but, it's best not to get involved with their business," Kieran explained.

By the time Kieran finished conversing with Aloysius, they had already reached the stairwell, where Darren was blocking their way. Both Tuomo and Darren resisted their urge to fight as Kieran moved Tuomo to the side. Darren handed a folder with photographs. He was scouting the academy for any information that they needed. He stumbled upon Tatsuya Marr near the city, which explains the buildings in the photos' background. Kieran was surprised that Darren could do such a thing; the mountains were more of their territory while the city was dangerous. As Kieran looked through the photos, Aloysius decided to peek at them. He knew who the guy in them was. Aloysius didn't want to look anymore and turned his head away.

The photos of Tatsuya were just of him walking around. The thing that bamboozled Darren was why in the city. Kieran closed the folder and then spoke to Darren.

"Who took the photos?" He asked.

"Evony took them," Darren replied.

"Tell her later at night to scout the academy and the outskirts of these mountains. I'll be with Tuomo and Cyrus," Kieran ordered while being slightly disappointed that Darren wasn't the one who scouted.