Chapter 4: Septem

Aloysius was tied to a chair with a blindfold on. Through his eyes, all he could see was darkness although he was still unconscious. The room he was in was dark, no one could see anybody. Tuomo came in through the door on the left. He had his regular attire from when he first entered Aloysius's class. He stood in front of Aloysius and poked at him.

"Hey, you awake? C'mon, I didn't hit you that hard." Tuomo said to an unconscious Aloysius.

Aloysius still didn't move as Tuomo pinched, poked, and slapped him. Tuomo then brought a big cup of water from a nearby counter.

"Let's see if you wake up from this," Tuomo said as he poured the water over Aloysius's head.

Aloysius twitched and opened his eyes only to see darkness.

"Where am I?" Aloysius said blankly.

"So, you still remember," Tuomo said.
"You're in a room that is located within a facility that is in the mountains in Germany." Tuomo continued.

"How?" Aloysius asked.

"I brought you here, it wasn't hard. Oh, I forgot, I need to take your blindfold off." Tuomo said.

    He proceeded to take Aloysius's blindfold off. Once his blindfold was taken, Tuomo turned on the lights. Aloysius tried to move but then looked back to see that his hands were tied up behind the chair.

"What are you going to do to me now? Gonna kill me?" Aloysius questioned while being a little frightened.

"No, no, no, I'm gonna let you go because right out that door is something else," Tuomo said as he grinned.

He then untied Aloysius's hands and then pulled out a kunai and pointed in front of his face.

"Try anything funny and you die," Tuomo said with a serious face.

    Aloysius nodded as he sighed. He got up from the chair and walked towards the door. Aloysius slowly opened the door to see a crowd of people of his age, below his age, and people who are older than him. There were tables placed all over what seemed to be the floor of a big room that was painted white and gray. The walls were big and so were the tables.

"What is this place?" Aloysius asked.

"Did I forget to specify? You're in an academy, Septem Academy to narrow it down." Tuomo explained to Aloysius.

"So, I'm in school," Aloysius said.

"Technically, but this isn't any old academy. This academy is made for special students, like you. Also, there are more academies like this one in a few other select countries like Sweden, Russia, Japan, Australia, etc." Tuomo further explained.

Coming from the door to the left of the big room was a girl with black long hair, agate color eyes, and sandi skin. She then started running towards Aloysius and Tuomo.

"Tuomo, there you are!" she yelled.
She saw Aloysius state, who was beaten up, which left bruises, and dull eyes.
"Didn't I say not to treat him harshly. If he dies, it will only satisfy them." Mirai complained to Tuomo.

"I'm sorry, it's just that, I noticed something about him and couldn't keep my act together." Tuomo apologized with a blank expression as he moved his eyes to Aloysius and then back to her.
"Oh yeah, this girl right here is Mirai Rivas, she is also a student at this school," Tuomo told Aloysius.

Aloysius observed Mirai, from the bottom Mirai was wearing purple sneakers and blue skinny jeans. In the middle, Mirai had a medium-sized bust and was wearing a blue shirt with a pink peace sign. On the top was Mirai's face which seemed soft and smooth to Aloysius. When he was done observing Mirai's appearance, he gave her a slight "smile".

"Nice to meet you Mirai, my name is Aloysius Nichols." he said "happily".

    Mirai fell for Aloysius's act and greeted him back. Then, Mirai told Aloysius to follow her. They both went through the door she came through and then walked pass many doors. Mirai and Aloysius then opened the door on the left, only to reveal more doors. Mirai then stopped at the third door and told Aloysius to go in.

"What is this room? And why does it have a bed and a table?" Aloysius asked.

"That's because this will be your dorm or your room that you'll be staying in," Tuomo said as Aloysius saw him jump down from the ceiling.

"What about my parents? Will they be okay?" Aloysius asked Tuomo.

"Don't worry they'll be fine," Tuomo assured Aloysius.
"Now, sit down on that chair. Don't worry I'm not going to torture you or anything." Tuomo said to Aloysius.

    Aloysius sat on the chair next to his bed. Mirai was in the back of the room reading. Tuomo got closer to Aloysius and grabbed his necklace for a closer look. Aloysius got enraged but then Tuomo gave it back. He then grinned as he prepared to speak.

"Now I know what needs to be done," Tuomo said.
"Aloysius, will you believe me if I told you were a Connector?" Tuomo asked.

"No, I don't even know what a Connecter even is. Are you talking about a cable plug?" Aloysius answered.

"Listen, everything I'm about to tell you is the truth. You're a Connector like me, a Connector is a person who can connect to a soul. Those who can't are called Connectless. I'll show you what I mean." Tuomo explained.

He then told Mirai to put Aloysius under her control. Mirai followed and took out a wand. She pointed it at Aloysius and mouthed out words. Soon enough, Aloysius couldn't feel anything, not his feet, not his hands, not the chair, nothing. Mirai pointed her wand to the bed and Aloysius walked to the bed. He felt as if someone was controlling him.

"I know what you thought right now. Mirai can make people obey her commands. The reason for this is because she's a Connector. She's connected to a soul that gives her this power. I'm the same too but I have different abilities." Tuomo explained.
"The same goes for you as well." Tuomo continued.

Aloysius then realized that everything he said was true. He knew it was true because of what happened during the physical exam. Tuomo exceeded in every part of the test. Tuomo was far better than him.

"So, your abilities are within the physical area, Tuomo," Aloysius asked.

Tuomo clapped, "Good job, but my abilities aren't just in that area. But since you realized, it's about time it happened." Tuomo said with a smirk.

    Aloysius's necklace started to glow brighter and brighter. The light eventually climaxed and then died down slowly. What was there was a small book on his necklace. The book was brown, red, and black. It had chains that were stained with dry blood although to Aloysius, it seemed to be dry red paint.

"What is this small book on my necklace?" Aloysius asked seriously.

Then in the voice of a 13-year-old boy, "I am Natus Ex Uno."

Note: Try to guess what the name means.