Chapter 14: Big Danger

Tatsuya stood outside of the academy. A ravine was dividing his path. As nighttime came, he gazed up. There was not much light pollution, so he was able to view a billion stars. He had not witnessed such a phenomenal view since forever.
    "What a view; I can't remember the last time I saw something like this," Tatsuya thought.
He ceased to stop looking at the stars and focused his attention on the academy. Tatsuya summoned a mantra enchantment, one on each leg. He stepped back, ready to make a long jump over the ravine. The ravine was not that wide; it was about eleven feet wide. Tatsuya started to speed as fast as he could. When he approached the edge, he leaped. Tatsuya realized he was going to have a rough landing. To counter that, he braced himself with his arms. Tatsuya plunged into the rocks of the white mountains. He got up and dusted the snow off his jacket and pants. As he walked, he felt seismic oscillations below him. Tatsuya made sure his wrist gauntlets were secure and tight.
    "I hope you're ready; we might find ourselves dealing with something huge," Tatsuya thought.
    "I'm ready for some beating," Akio said.

    Inside the academy building, students finished up the party decorations. Tables were in order with many snacks like cake, muffins, pizza, beef, pork, and rice. On the walls were party signs that read: Happy Thanksgiving Party! Students were buzzing around the halls, which caused a commotion with the professors. Aloysius stayed in his bed even after Cyrus and Darren left. He would either look at his necklace or contemplate whether he should go out or not. One thing after another until it hit him. Aloysius was busy trying to keep up with the surprises that he forgot why he was so depressed.
    "Kasia, hit by a truck, and that's where I fell," Aloysius chuckled.
"It feels like it's been forever since that happened. Why can't I move on? If I forgot that happened, why can't I move on!?" Aloysius said with his voice breaking.
"I'm sorry for forgetting, I'm sorry, please, forgive me, please come back," Aloysius started to cry.
"Please, come back! If I had seen that truck, would I have saved you. I wouldn't care if I died. If it takes me away from this confusing life, I'll be happy," Aloysius cried.
"I'm not strong enough; I have no pride in my strength, my mentality. I'm weak," Aloysius thought as tears kept running down his cheeks.
Aloysius started to remember what Kasia said and asked before she died. 'What would you do if you had all the power in the world?'
    "What would I do if I had all that power? I'd bring you back to life, Kasia, but I suppose even that power wouldn't revive someone. Let alone that would be selfish, but that's human nature, right?" Aloysius questioned.
"I have my powers, although I don't know what they are. I don't know because I haven't selected a thema. But what is so far from me, something that seems impossible for me," Aloysius thought.
"All I can think of is hatred for myself. I beat myself up, but I guess that's normal. Right when I think I could escape the darkness, I trip, and it comes to chain me up again. Loneliness, powerless, weak, it clouds my mind," Aloysius kept thinking as his tears dried up.
"But then one day, I saw a ray of hope; I can't remember who it was. It's gone now, or maybe it's still here," Aloysius said gently.

    Suddenly, a seismic wave shook the building. Aloysius held on to his bed as the tremor persisted. Aloysius had no choice but to head out; he heard students fleeing, he needed to know what occurred. Aloysius put his necklace on and opened the door. He stepped out as he saw students in every direction. Aloysius kept his stability by slowly heading to the cafeteria. The cafeteria was where everything happened; it was like a magnet for disasters. He managed to open the doors without losing his balance. Inside the lunchroom was Kieran, Cyrus, Jolanda, and other students who had fear written on their faces.
    "Hey! What's happening?" Aloysius yelled.
    "Get out of there, Aloysius!" Cyrus yelled.
Aloysius got confused until he realized that the tremors now focused on his position. Before he knew it, a giant beast came out, Aloysius barely escaped by jumping.
    "What the fuck is that?!" Aloysius yelled as he got up.
    "It's the عربية شرسة beast," Kieran said as he helped Aloysius get away from the beast.
    "English, please!" Aloysius exclaimed.
    "The Fierce Arabian Beast, it's a mutation of the Arabian Red Fox and Arabian Wolf. While we were traveling, it tailed us; I never thought it would chase us to here," Kieran explained.
"But this beast isn't small as you can see; it's fucking huge," Kieran said.