Chapter 13: Collision

Tuomo weakly got up from his bed. He washed his hair in the bathroom and brushed his teeth. Tuomo walked out of his dorm only to stumble upon Darren. They both glared at each other for a short while before moving on. Tuomo went down to the first floor to eat breakfast. As he entered the cafe, O'Shea was at a table, which surprised Tuomo. O'Shea rarely eats with others.

"What brings you here, O'Shea?" Tuomo asked as he sat down.

"Intel, rumors are spreading about the beast we're tracking is roaming around here. We got to be on guard; who knows what can happen," O'Shea warned.

"Does Kieran know?" Tuomo asked.

O'Shea shook his head, "I will tell him before classes start. That will notify Cyrus, Darren, and hopefully, Evony,"

"Yeah, hopefully, Evony is always wandering around," Tuomo sighed.

"Spar?" O'Shea asked with a smile.

"Why not," Tuomo chuckled.

While the two got out of their seats, Aloysius started to wake up. This time, he grabbed his necklace from his cabinet and put it in his pocket. He yawned as he exited out of the dorm. As he walked, his vision was a bit blurry, coming out of bed tired. Little did he know that as he walked that he bumped into Mirai. Aloysius fell on the floor and, so did Mirai.

"ahh, that hurts," Mirai said cutely.

"Ouch," Aloysius said as he got up.

He rubbed his eyes and soon saw that Mirai was on the floor. Involuntarily, Aloysius put a hand out to help her get up. He questioned what he was doing, but the answer to that was, "It seems right," Mirai, reluctantly, accepted his help and grabbed his hand, and got up.

"Thanks," she quietly said.

"N-no problem," Aloysius stuttered inaudibly.

Aloysius went on his way to the cafe. Mirai went down the hall to go upstairs. As Aloysius opened the cafe doors, he was soon surprised by a student. The student was handing him a newspaper. The headline said: Big Thanksgiving Party Planned by the Academy!

Aloysius looked at the newspaper and then the student and did it several times before speaking, "I have no interest in a party."

The student looked sad and ran away. Aloysius had no idea what he had done as he stepped to an empty table. No note, no people, Aloysius's dream.

He sat down but, he suddenly realized, he has no cash. Aloysius's face shifted from happy to dull. He patted his pockets, wishing for at least a penny to appear. No, luck rejected him and rejected him very hard, "First, I meet Mirai, and now this?!"

Aloysius let out a big sigh as he moaned. Surprisingly, Mirai returned to go to the cafe and saw Aloysius. With pity, Mirai went to Aloysius and offered to pay for his breakfast.

"This is for helping me get up, that's all," Mirai said without hesitation.

"Thanks, I-I guess," Aloysius thanked as he accepted her financial help.

Meanwhile, under the academy, Tuomo and O'Shea were sparring. O'Shea had his Claymore sword out and Tuomo with his ninjatō. Tuomo's attire remained the same but, O'Shea took off his brown coat. As their swords collided, O'Shea started to get exhausted while Tuomo remained fast.

"How are you still able to continue?" O'Shea asked as he caught his breath with sweat dripping to the floor.

"We have different stamina; it's not like you will be as fast as me," Tuomo replied.