Chapter 23: New Changes

Aloysius's life had been taking some sharp turns. First of all, people began to approach him more. Random conversations occurred more often than Aloysius would like. It was uncomfortable but, it was helping him in social skills. Aloysius learned some new slang and gestures too. They come in handy but, it is worth learning something new. Tuomo had stopped by a few times to talk with Aloysius. Not surprising that Tuomo noticed changes in the way Aloysius conversed. What was surprising is that Tuomo didn't point it out. Not to mention that Tuomo was less threatening than usual. Aloysius kept it cool and, he did. No stuttering and no emotional breakdown to interrupt him. Everything was going smoothly. One weird thing that has happened was Aloysius's vision. He could no longer drown in a state of ear-ringing. It just disappeared once Natuso sold his depression. Aloysius wanted to know what exactly was that doing to him. What were those floating orbs?
    "Stop wandering off into space," Mirai said.
Aloysius got startled as he looked to his left in the cafeteria. Mirai was taking her seat as Aloysius just watched her.
    "Shouldn't you be thanking me?" Mirai asked.
    "For?" Aloysius said.
    "For saving your life," Mirai yelled.
    "Oh, uh, ok. Thanks for saving me," Aloysius said in an unsure tone.
    "What kind of thanks is that?" Mirai asked.
    "One that was meant for you..." Aloysius replied.
    "Learn how to properly talk with others before you're all alone again," Mirai said as she left Aloysius's table.
    "I was trying," Aloysius muttered.

    Aloysius finished doing whatever he was doing and, he went to the classroom that made him feel uncomfortable. People kept trying to strike a conversation with him. Aloysius was confused by this since it was not like this before. Something had gone wrong and, Aloysius did not know what had taken a wrong turn. All he knew was to politely end the conversations that people struck him with. In his math class, while the same conversation gig kept going on, Darren saw it happen. He did nothing but sit on his seat, watching and slightly chuckling. No one was going to the hot guys in any of Aloysius's classes. It seems that Aloysius has become one of them. The question is: how long until Aloysius's torment ends? The people that Aloysius passed by, O'Shea, Cyrus, Tuomo, and Kieran, all felt bad.
    "I wonder how he's coping with his surge of popularity," O'Shea said.
    "He did look like he was dying on the inside," Cyrus commented.
    "Let him deal with it," Kieran said.
"It's time for a change."
    The three were walking down the second-floor hallway. Jolanda was busy figuring out who damaged the wall and how to supply funds for the repairs. That sounds like something the head of the school should be doing. But, almost every responsibility lands in Jolanda's hands. She has accepted her reality that a bunch of work is headed her way.
    "So much work I just can't wrap my head around this. I can't even subtract 1 from 1," Jolanda complained.
    "I had to fight breakdown phenomenons. This right here, I could see why this would be hell for anyone, even for me," Mira Yamana thought.
    "That Aloysius guy has something to do with it. I know he does and, I feel that he knows the entire thing. How can I squeeze it out of him?" Jolanda thought.
    "Maybe start by actually using your power to make him spit the truth," Mira suggested.
    "But, how can I explain why I'm doing this?" Jolanda thought.
    "You just say- oh, yeah, I got nothing," Mira said.
Jolanda rested her head on a pile of paperwork and slept soundly.

    Down on the first floor, Tuomo had decided to get up from his long slumber. He walked around the building as there was nothing else better to do. Darren was coming back from the second floor, checking the cameras. It was inevitable that the two would bump into each other. They did bump shoulders as Tuomo was heading towards the cafeteria and Darren walking in the opposite direction. Tuomo looked back at Darren, who was walking calmly. This time, Tuomo did not act out and instead continued to do whatever he was doing.
    "You weren't there, were you?" Darren asked.
    "I wasn't because I was busy training," Tuomo replied.
"If I was there, you know I could've taken them both on easily."
    "Of course, I am not doubting your ability," Darren said.
"Well, I'm gonna get going, bye."

    Tuomo continued walking into the cafeteria and exited through the hole in the wall. Many other holidays were nearing, such as Thanksgiving and Christmas. Those specific dates will gather tons of people into one room. Tuomo began to feel that something might happen on each of those days. He jumped down and entered through the "secret" door. By surprise, Evony was there sitting and rubbing her hands.
    "What brings you here?" Tuomo asked.
    "It was too cold and, I accidentally got frostbite on my hands," Evony said.
    "I guess it was too cold," Tuomo commented.
"I'll get you something warm to drink so, follow me," He sighed.
"And stop rubbing your hands; it's going to make it worse."
Evony followed Tuomo inside the "underground" house. Tuomo tossed Evony a small blanket as he went to the kitchen to prepare her a drink.
    "It's been a long time since I have been here. It changed a lot!" Evony said.
    "Yeah, I know; Kieran and the others aren't here yet so, we are alone down here," Tuomo said as he finished preparing the drink. Tuomo then handed it to Evony as he sat on the couch with her. He laid back his head as Evony sipped her warm cocoa drink. 
    "It is lonely on the edge of the mountains," Evony calmly said.
    "Then why aren't you with us?" Tuomo asked.
    "It's difficult to explain but, it's just a need to protect," Evony replied.
    "You were always confusing to understand ever since the first day," Tuomo commented.
"Do what you want and, we won't interfere."
    "It really is difficult to say to the person who is the reason why," Evony thought.
    "Today was exhausting for me... socially. I had to speak to everybody who thought it was me. I swear I think more than 100 people came up to me," Tuomo thought as he closed his eyes.
    "Tuomo, can I go back up now? I think I'm feeling-" Evony stopped as she felt something on her shoulder. Evony looked over to see that Tuomo had fallen asleep and rested his head on her shoulder.
    "Nevermind..." Evony quietly said as she continued to sip her cocoa drink.

    The bell rang and, Aloysius left his class exhausted as usual. He was more drained than an empty soda drink. All of his energy and words, gone, reduced to atoms. Aloysius could sleep on the cold, dirty floor and, he would still love it as much as a bed. Two more classes and, only then could he have the reward of sleeping for the rest of the week. Aloysius slowly passed Kieran and O'Shea. O'Shea noticed that Kieran glared at Aloysius.
    "What's wrong?" O'Shea asked shyly.
    "Aloysius is a liar..." Kieran said as he balled up a fist.
    "This is not going to end well," O'Shea gulped.