Chapter 11: Unpredicted

"Do not be a coward and hide, Aloysius. You know well that this is not helping," Kazios said.
"Why should I keep listening to you? How are you even here?" Aloysius asked.
"I am an apparition; I can go anywhere. But Aloysius, you need to know something: if you stay weak, you will die a painful death," Kazios answered and added.
In the dark space, they were in again, as Kazios's body slowly dissipated. Aloysius then woke up to the same dorm he was always in. As he got up from his bed, Aloysius noticed that his left hand did not hurt anymore. Ignoring it, he went to do his routine and went out for classes. Waiting outside this time was O'Shea. To Aloysius, it looked like O'Shea was his older brother with dark brown messy hair.
"My name is O'Shea Mather; I'm filling in for the guy with blonde hair," O'Shea noted.
"May I ask why you are wearing a brown leather fingerless glove with a gray shirt and black pants?" Aloysius asked while smiling.
"It is how I like to dress up, please, don't mind the sword," O'Shea replied kindly with his azure eyes.
Aloysius did not know what O'Shea was talking about until he saw that O'Shea had a sheathed Claymore sword on his back. Aloysius backed away, and O'Shea knew what was happening.
"Do not make a big deal of it, ok? Now, what my role here is just to..." O'Shea paused.
"I can't tell him that I'm here to supervise him," He thought.
"To be with you for breakfast, I'm sure your female friend will be surprised by my presence, so please explain concisely," O'Shea asked Aloysius.
"Ok, I will do just that," Aloysius replied.
"I don't know what led this guy to think that Mirai and I are friends. But that's good; let's keep this misconception going." He thought.

Aloysius and O'Shea went to the cafeteria together, as students gawked, mostly at the sword. Aloysius could feel the stares; that feeling turned into pressure, and he didn't like that. He started to feel sweat drip down from his cheeks, becoming red by the second. O'Shea noticed this and calmed Aloysius by putting his hand on Aloysius's shoulder. They reached the cafeteria, where Mirai was already sitting and surprised by O'Shea. Aloysius and O'Shea took a seat and waited.
"Who is that?" Mirai asked.
"O'Shea Mather, I don't know much about him, but he is here to fill in Tuomo's absence," Aloysius answered with a smile.
"Well, you two look like siblings," Mirai commented.
"Of course, I thought of that when I first saw him. But no one can replace Kasia; no one can!" Aloysius painfully thought.
"Right now, I'm broke, so, O'Shea, if you can, please pay for our meals today," Mirai suggested with a chuckle.
"Oh, I can manage that; what do you want?" O'Shea asked.
"I want pancakes today," Mirai cutely replied.
"So cute!" O'Shea urgently thought.
O'Shea ran towards the huge masses of students and stood in the queue. Meanwhile, Aloysius sat down across from Mirai. Every then and now, he would stare at Mirai. He would think of the young woman with silver hair, then Mirai, and back and forth. Aloysius couldn't quite understand the relationship between the two. Aloysius regretted that he had seen the young woman.
"Ahhhh, if that didn't occur, I could have gotten a gist of what is going on!" Aloysius complained in thought.
"What are you panicking about?" Mirai asked.
"Um, nothing," Aloysius quickly replied.
"It is kind of weird that Tuomo isn't here; he is usually always here unless it was something important," Mirai said while slightly blushing.
"I'm sure it was something important," Aloysius reassured Mirai.

O'Shea came back to the table with pancakes on one plate and eggs on the other. Aloysius scoffed when he saw that his food wasn't brought and jogged to the short line. He later returned with a sandwich and sat down. Without hesitation, Aloysius gobbled up his sandwich. O'Shea and Mirai could only stare at Aloysius with slight disgust. Breakfast soon finished as the three threw their trash away. Mirai waved good-bye, heading towards a different hallway; O'Shea offered to walk with Aloysius to his magic class. Aloysius nodded, and it was now only the two of them. O'Shea left as Aloysius arrived; O'Shea soon ran towards a corner and picked up his phone in his pocket.
"Ok, I have done what you asked me to do, now get it over with, please. If you fail, I'll hit you so hard, you'll see someone else's god," O'Shea threatened Tuomo.
"As if; you don't specialize in fistfights, but I do believe a certain someone does," Tuomo responded.
O'Shea hung up the phone and jumped out the nearest window; fall damage was no problem. Aloysius walked into the room and sat down. Other students were on their seats too. But, some chose to roam free around the class.
"Students, today, you will ALL learn something crucial that has been brought to my attention by the B.O.E. Before we get to specifics, you need to learn what to do after connecting to the soul of yours. Others like your seniors have other ways of doing it, but for your first time, you need to activate that mode by abiding by the rules of that world.
''But Mister, we don't know what modes you are talking about,'' Mr. C mocked.
"All of that will be explained later. For now, I hope you all have brought your linkers here." Mr. C finished his long explanation.