Chapter Thirty-Eight

As if there wasn't already unnecessary drama the Alpha's from the meeting decided to return wanting to speak to Raiden. Aerly crossed her arms over her chest watching the scene before her unfold. The large men whining and complaining like small children, the thoughts of taking commands from a female Alpha seemed to be that hard to grasp for them, their minds seemed to be completely unable to fathom the idea and Aerly could only sigh at their bickering. Darius, Noah and others of her pack had gone on to defend her but the ridiculous amount of drama happening seemed all to unnecessary considering the pressing matter at hand. A pain was finding its way into her skull from all the noise and Aerly couldn't resist but to rub her forefinger and thumb at the bridge of her thin nose. It felt as though the room was closing in and the noise was becoming deafening when Aerly finally had enough. Her silver eyes glowed with power as a deep booming voice erupted from within her "ENOUGH!" she spoke out causing all eyes to suddenly turn to her but Aerly was quick to change back to her cocky demeanour with slender yet muscular arms folding over her chest once again, confidently standing before everyone without a slither of nerves.

"I think we have listened to you enough" one of the bulky Alpha's scoffed.

"We want to speak to the real Alpha not just his... Mate" another added causing Aerly to simply smirk. Their words caused her no worry after all she could care less what they thought of her. Aerly just wanted them to get in line.

"Excuse me?" Ally's voice was softer but it wasn't meek more an eerie sort of soft that at any moment she could rip out someone's throat and considering what Aerly's like she wasn't afraid to do so.

"Yes, excuse me indeed. I to would love to hear what you have to say?" there it was the daunting deep voice. Her smirk only grew as everyone's gaze shifted to the doorway where Raiden's hulking figure stood, the large man practically taking up the frame of the doorway. All the other Alpha's fell silent now nervous with the new Alpha eyeing them all under his scrutinizing gaze, those plump lips pursed judging every one of them.

"I... I was saying" the previous Alpha who spoke stammered over his words.

"He was saying we want a meeting with you. Not your mate, Alpha Damery" a tattooed one stepped forward and clarified it was obvious he was intimidated but it was hard not to in Raiden's presence.

"I see" was all Raiden replied eyes still watching over the group of men. They were all large but paled in comparison to Raiden.

"You need to keep you mate inline, Alpha Damery. She is outspoken and rude a she-wolf should know her place" the Alpha she told off in the meeting sneered at her while he spoke.

"Know her place?" Raiden asked but it was clear he was amused at the Alpha's words rather than be interested however the loud-mouthed Alpha paid no attention to that as he continued to speak. Aerly merely rolled her eyes but Raiden couldn't even hide the smirk on his face.

"Yes, she-wolves should know their place, Alpha. They are for bearing our young and keeping our packs home in order nothing more. They should be silent when told to be" his eyes were narrowed in on Aerly who couldn't help but raise a brow at his words "and do as told. She doesn't know her place. Perhaps you should discipline her till she learns."

"Discipline her?" he chuckled at the words before looking over the Alpha's to his equally amused mate "what do you say Darling I mean we could get into some spanking right?" he teased which made Aerly roll her eyes again.

"Alpha Damery, what are you going to do about your mate's behaviour?" the tattooed Alpha questioned.

"My mate's behaviour hmm?" Raiden's eyes lingered on the woman who stood across the room from him. In Raiden's eyes, she was nothing but perfect, every frustrating detail about her was perfect to him so when he finally pulled his gaze from her and turned back to the Alpha "my mate is stubborn, aggressive, boisterous and many more things I'm certain you couldn't even fathom but one thing I know is that in no way shape or form does she need my help when it comes to passing out orders. Alpha Rhodes, is my mate, my partner, my equal in every way possible and she certainly doesn't need to be told or 'disciplined' in matters... She's perfectly capable in dealing with matters so I suggest you listen to her word and follow through with her orders instead of coming here complaining and crying like children. Now if that is all you are all dismissed from my territory while you have it after all you have your titles under the name of the head Alpha which is now me so I suggest you don't make me take that title from you" with grumbles they turned and began leaving the room "and Alpha Meers, now I know your views on our she-wolves consider your pack under investigation and any other pack that agrees with his archaic views" none of the Alphas said another word as they quickly left the house "excuse us I would like a moment with Alpha Rhodes" Raiden ordered his blue eyes zeroed in on her as soon as everyone was gone Raiden was in front of her in a flash.

"I didn't need help" Aerly looked up at her mate a smirk on her face as she teased him.

"Can't you just say thank you" he chuckled "I am perfectly aware you don't need me to defend you" his large hand reached out and as it often did found it's resting place on the side of her neck where his thumb would brush across her jawline "I appreciate you making me rest and taking over things. My darling mate what would I do without you."