Safe Haven

"Sorry but could you please stop staring?" She asked shyly without looking at me that made me chuckle. I just couldn't help it she's so pretty I could look at her all day, plus I'm still confused about what's going on. It looks like she genuinely don't know me.

"Alright sorry." I said as we walk towards the university's library. We just finished lunch and I volunteered to tour them around the campus. It's just me and Chaeyoung though because I think Lisa wants Jennie all to herself and took her to the opposite direction that we're originally going.

"So uhm this is the library." I said as I chuckle pointing at the sign above the main door.

"Do you wanna come in?" I asked as I saw how her eyes sparkled when she saw the books inside.

She looks hesitant at first but when I told her that we could continue the tour some other time she quickly agreed and walked inside.

"Why did you took engineering? You clearly like literature more." I quietly asked as she look at the books in the shelves like they're flowers. I actually know the answer, I mean my Chaeyoung's answer. I just don't know if they're really the same person. They both like books though so that's good I guess.

"Family business is real estate so yeah. But I already learned to love engineering so it doesn't really matter. I just like to read when I have a free time." She said with a smile as she grab a book and read it's cover.

Same reason, different hearts. She hates engineering and reading is her only escape from reality, that was what the Chaeyoung I know said.

"Do you play any musical instrument?" I asked again.

Who is she? Where is my Chaeyoung?

"Eh? That's random but uhm kinda? I mean I did learned to play the piano when I was a kid but I haven't played for a long time already." She said with a pout as she started to walk again.

Okay so playing the piano is the same.

"How about the guitar?" I asked again as I walk beside her.

"No not really. But I'd love to learn how to play. How about you?" She asked as we reach the history section.

Okay what the fuck is going on? I suddenly had the urge to leave and walk away from this girl because she's clearly not the Chaeyoung I know. But she looks like her, she talks like her, they literally have the same name. This is her right?

"Ugh yeah, kinda." Wait why did I say that? I don't know how to play for shit.

"Maybe you could teach me!" She exclaimed excitedly as her face lit up as she smile.

"Yeah sure. When are you free?" I asked with a smile. I internally facepalm at what I just said but I couldn't help it, her smile is contagious and I don't wanna disappoint her.

"Is after classes okay with you? I mean it depends on you, if you're busy th-- "

"I'll always make time for you." I said cutting her off with a playful wink that made her blush.

"O-okay." She cleared her throat as she composed herself. God she looks so adorable.

"I'll bring my guitar tomorrow then." I blurt out as I follow her out of the library. What the fuck?

I have a guitar?

"Okay I'll bring mine as well." She said happily as I walk beside her.

"You have one?"

"Yes." Of course she does. She's Chaeyoung.

"But you don't know how to play it?" I deadpanned.

"Uh huh. It's my mom's, she gave it to me on my 18th birthday but I haven't touched it since then."

"But why?"

"You sure have a lot of questions don't you." She said chuckling as she shakes her head in amusement.

"I'm curious. I wanna know you more." I said truthfully because I really do.

"Hmm so what's that building?" She asked pointing something behind me changing the subject.

I rolled my eyes as I look at whatever it is that she's pointing and froze.

It was the former department of education building, it has been abandoned because there's something wrong with the foundation of the building and the soil where it stands.
Because of that plants started to grow on the walls, and columns of the building making it look majestic.

But that's not what I'm seeing right now. Instead of the green building, I'm looking at a burned down building.

"What happened?" She asked again that made me came back at my senses.

"I- I don't know." I said as I look at her and memories of us hanging out at the rooftop of the building flashes my mind.

Chaeyoung admiring the flowers that unexpectedly grew at the rooftop. Chaeyoung playing her guitar as she quietly sing a song as she sit on the makeshift chair. Chaeyoung reading a book as she sit between my legs and in my arms.

That's our spot in the campus. But it looks like it has been like that for quite some time now.

But we were just there yesterday and the other day.

"They said something tragic happened there 20 years ago." Lisa suddenly said as she came out of nowhere.

"A fire obviously." Jennie commented as she studied the building. She's now beside Chaeyoung and I guess her tour with Lisa brought them here.

"Yeah but what I mean is they said someone was in there when it happened. Someone died in there, and they said her ghost is still here roaming because she didn't know that she already died." Lisa said and suddenly everything made sense.

"That's absurd, do you actually believe in that?" I heard Jennie asked but their conversation's starting to sound faint as I look at our safe haven.

"Jisoo wake up!!"

I heard a desperate voice exclaimed, a very familiar one. I can almost see her face, the panic as she say those words.

"Hey."

"Sorry what?" I asked as bring my attention back to my friends.

"Are you okay?" Chaeyoung asked and I couldn't help but stare at her. She's alright. She's safe.

"Yes." I said as I grab her hands and intertwined her fingers with mine. She was surprised with my sudden action but I just gave her a smile.

"Come on let's continue this tour." I then lead her to the opposite direction of where our once sanctuary stood.