I Gastrovascular I

(image not mine)

"Wars don't last forever Lucy, you'll be home soon," I reassured her going sitting next to her on the bed. While Susan and Peter also tried to do the same. I and Lucy were in pyjamas but the other two decided not to get changed until Lucy had gone to sleep.

"Yeah, if home's still there," Edmund walked in the bedroom sulking which made me roll my eyes. I understand he's upset with staying here trust me so am I, but at least he could do is try and comfort his sister.

"Isn't it time you were in bed?" Susan questioned scowling at her brother.

"Yes mom," Edmund replied sarcastically.

"Ed," Peter once again hissed at his brother. Edmund folded his arms across him and rolled his eyes.

"You saw outside. This place is huge we can do whatever we want here. Tomorrow's going to be great," Peter said nodding for my confirmation and I nodded smiling back at Lucy.

"And there's so much sports equipment even an Elephant couldn't carry it," I exaggerated making her laugh I finally got up knowing I at least calmed some of her nerves.

"Goodnight," I said leaving the others in the room while Edmund followed me out.

"Uhh, Y/n do you know where my room is?" I turned around to him seeing he was glowing red with embarrassment clearly not wanting to ask me.

"This way," I sighed as he trailed behind me with a faint static radio noise playing in the background. started to jog upstairs and took a right, pointing to the door on the left I gestured his room.

"Here we are then," I sighed awkwardly as he opened the door as he was doing this I opened the room opposite to go in the library for a book to read.

"Of course you're going into a library," Edmund scoffed as while I turned around facing him again he closed the door still standing in the corridor with me.

"I think you're on the wrong side of the door, Ed," I replied smugly entering the room as I outsmarted him.

"Oh yeah I am," he said more proud than ever and walked straight past me into the library. My smile faltered realising what he did ughh he's such an idiot I thought closing the door behind me. He wandered around looking at the bookshelves with his hands tucked in his pocket.

"I thought you said books were boring," I broke the silence picking up a book from the desk in the centre of the room. The room was soothing and warm and filled with the scent of parchment and a hint of orange. I walked towards him as he flicked through a leather green book which had no title. 

"I never said they were boring I said getting excited about them was," he corrected me satisfied with himself he left the room. I called him a hypocrite under my breath after he had closed the door. He's a literal trash mouth talking bad about others to make himself seem superior.

TIME SKIP

(image not mine)

(image not mine)

"Gastrovascular. Come on, Peter. Gastrovascular," Susan questioned Peter cause they were playing some game called fictionary while I and Lucy stared out the window hearing the rain tap on it tediously and Edmund was sitting on the couch next to Susan reading the book he got yesterday.

"Is it Latin?" Peter guessed picking a thread on his trousers.

"Yes," Susan replied looking down at the massive dictionary on her lap which was sure to stop the circulation in her legs.

"Is it Latin for 'worse game ever invented'?" Edmund said smiling lifting his head from the book, making Susan it with a huff. I and Peter laughed at his joke. He then looked me in the eyes and gave me a dirty look to which I stopped laughing and turned looked out of the window so I didn't see the face that went with his glare.

"We could play hide and seek," Lucy suggested walking over to Peter and leaving me on the windowsill with Edmund still glaring at me.

"But we're already having so much," sighed sarcastically looking over at Susan and back at Lucy as she continued pleading. "One, two, three, four," Peter counted as Lucy grabbed my hand and started to head for the door. 

"What," an annoyed voice complained behind. 

Lucy dragged me and up and down multiple stairs till she finally pointed at some curtains panting," here." When we were about to go in there I felt something push us back at first I thought it was the wall but I looked d to see Edmund.

"I was here first," he frowned at me and Lucy. I shook my head disapprovingly before Lucy dragged me somewhere else.

We entered an empty room with a massive slipcover blanketing something the room smelled of dust and was cold compared to the rest of my home. I and Lucy looked up at it in awe walking closer towards it she then finally lifted the cover off revealing a huge wardrobe with carvings of a tree on it. I opened it and entered almost being suffocated with fluffy coats. Lucy came in going to close the door. 

"Hey Lucy don't close it fully you'll get locked in," I advised her as we both started to walk back looking for the end of the wardrobe but the only thing that was there were more coats. I started to feel crunching under my feet and there were leaves and an overwhelming cold winds. Before I could question it I felt a sharp prick on my finger I turned around to see blinding whiteness. Snow. Lucy gasped and looked at me her eyes wide with confusion but an ecstatic smile covering her face and I felt I looked the same.

Sorry it took me a WHOLE two weeks to do this and thanks for reading the next chapters will be less convo cause I needed to get that in with Ed so yeah