~𝟛𝟡~

FACADE

He ticks the rim of his glass of Bourbon, almost as if he's in deep thought. The food had yet to be brought upon the table. Even if the air ship looks bland and uneventful from the outside, the inside brought many adventures to curious travelers. During the waiting time for the dinner, he insisted on keeping conversations about interests rather than referring back to his home and childhood. Such secrecy from the past must only mean hiding something he wishes to keep in the past. Although this only made Emiko all the more curious about him.

"You're staring at them again.~♥" Hisoka snaps her out of her fixated eyes on his hands. She watched him in her thought process. They were the perfect size, matte porcelain skin, and his iconic claws were cut short. She slowly moved her gaze to meet with his, savoring his rare suited look. His iconic smirk lies on his face as usual.

     "You don't talk much about the past." She pokes at the elephant in the room. His eyes drop to view his twirling fingers around the utensil napkin.

     "It's better to keep some things in the past. Why speak about things that already happened when you could focus on what can happen?~ ♠" He answered, speaking with his hands before leaning on his folded palm.

     "Sure but I expected this dinner date to open up some unforeseen treasures of our lives, don't you think?" Emiko leans forward, chest pressing up against her crossed arms on the table. He lifts his eyebrows at her teasingly manner. "I mean, you do know about my mother and father. I look at it more as I have nothing to hide. What happened already happened, nothing you can do to change that now."

     Hisoka leans closer onto the table, "Those treasures are more like trash to me. Wouldn't want to bring trash to this date now do we?~ ♠"

     Trash, hu? There's something he's regretting, maybe ashamed of. Perhaps it is better to stay quiet about hanging onto this conversation. He doesn't scare me but there's still a portion of my mind that's intimidated of just how irrational an upset Hisoka can be. Let's not tug on his heart strings, if he even has a heart.

___

     She recollected her memories as she stepped into his shower. The bathroom was full of mirrors and also very cold. But a little cold never scared her, nothing did. As much as Hisoka seems like a fun accomplice, it'd be troublesome to have him on her bad side or even the other way around. Recently it's felt like a blur having him around all the time. The passionate kisses, introducing me into his past, the urge to give affection. Have I been raised wrong?

He steps into the bathroom removing his shirt. The diamond she scratched into him was dribbling blood down to his thigh. She steps into the shower and maintains a neutral face. Can't tell if he's tired or bothered by something. Emiko turns the shower on, letting the water soothe the coolness of the air onto her skin. He leans behind her, hands on her waist, feeling her up.

"Don't make me forget why I chose to let you into my private life.~ ♠" He leans his head above hers, resting his chin waiting for an answer. But this was a statement with loose ends. Is he entrusting that I accept him regardless of what I find out about?

"Is this an invitation to ask questions?" She lifts her hand to reach his face above her. She quickly found his cheekbones and wiped at the smudged makeup. She lowered to look at the paint melt off her fingertips as the water washed it away.

"Ask away.~ ♥" He tightens his grip on her waist.

"There's a woman back at the circus that caught my attention mainly because when you were performing, she was the only one unfazed by the fact that you included me in your act." She begins as she pours a handful of body wash in her hand.