~𝟚𝟞~

MAD

    Why must you be of such trouble to me?

     "~Darling... I just want... to break you.~♦" He bangs on the door as he attempts at convincing you to fight him. It's those eyes that screamed with hunger, like back at the Hunter's Exam. "~Why don't you play with me?~♦"

     You look at the door and notice that grainy substance was practically melting off the front door. Illumi arrived just on time. He orders you to unwrap the door of your ribbons and he lets the unstable jester burst through. He flings a card at the both of you but as expected, you dodge it. He might not be resisting his bloodlust anymore and using his nen but that doesn't mean the curse marks aren't slowing him down. As you were about to bind him with your ribbons, Illumi shoots a needle at his neck.

     Hisoka comes to a halt.

     Your pupils shrink at this sight. Is he trying to kill him? But wait. No. He's a manipulator. If anything, he's the perfect person for this situation. You watch as Hisoka become a vegetable under Illumi's spell.

     "Tame yourself and go sleep for thirty-five hours." Illumi demands. Hisoka seemed to stand still for a moment with a spine-chilling smile on his face. His eyes were still wide open, similar to that of his manipulative friend. Your ribbons circle you, ready to go into battle if something goes wrong. You can detect the whole room getting overflowed with the strange mixture of the bloodlust from all of the mischievous nen users. His aura flickers before he fell to his knees and toppling over his side. Immediately falling into what you assumed was a deep sleep.

     In those thirty-five hours, the curse mark will lift and he will be able to be as reckless as he pleases. But what Illumi told you earlier made you think; if he's 'engaged' to him for the financial benefits, then why keep him alive? He could care less if he did and even admitted how he's found another ally to succeessfully join the association. So, why?

     Whether you knew the answer or not, there's a very injured man bleeding out on the floor. Illumi walks out of the room and leaves with a final statement, "I trust that you will know how to handle this. Make sure he doesn't die." He closes the door behind him.

     The moment he leaves, you lift the fragile Hisoka with your ribbons. He's out cold and you giggle at this moment. The first thing you do instead of tending to his needs is taking a picture. He won't believe it when you show him how vulnerable he's been. You're sure that nothing can come in between his needles. Even though there's always a way to defeat a nen user, it's impossible that someone will manage to remove his needle or even by pass you. How has it come to protecting someone now?

     You take him back to the shower that was still spewing water. As much as you liked to see someone reach defeat under your hands, you felt this pain in your chest at the sight of a bloody Hisoka. He doesn't look like the undefeatable magician he introduced himself as. You roll up your sleeves to undress him. He's become such a problem but I'm sure he would never mind you handling his body like this. He's such a masochist, but also a sadist?

     Without his clothes, you're able to see the full view of how far the curse has gone. Other than his whole face being covered, it routed to most of his torso and all over his biceps. He doesn't look the same but it's not because he's any less attractive. The marks brings a pitiful burden to him that doesn't allow him to fulfill something he worked so hard to master. You redirect the showerhead to his frail body. The water washed away the blood stains that turned the whole inside of the shower to a pink. As you grabbed his body wash you can't help but laugh.