~𝟝~

OBSERVE

After much waited time on the tree, a small encounter with another contestant took you by surprise. They carried a spear and were wounded on their lower back. He doesn't compare to Hisoka but he picked a fight with him anyway. All the clever magician did was dodge his attacks. The man became distressed at Hisoka's game but you know he doesn't like to play with the dead. Though he wasn't dead yet, it's not enough from a hurt individual to even test his cravings for fighting.

A swarm of large needles spread across the opponent's face, if anyone were to call that an opponent. Those needles radiated one of the strong auras you detected upon arriving. It was the pin cushion; a strange tall man with what looked like yellow piercings were all over his face. A permanent smile was plastered on his face. A smile that seems to mask a dark intention. Since when do so many people have bloodlust like me?

Hisoka and the peculiar looking man exchanged a few words while he started to remove what you thought were simply piercings. Large needles, exact ones from which killed the man, filled the spaces between his knuckles. Long black hair sprung from his previous electric blue mohawk. His eyes grew into a large, inhumane, diamond shape with large black irises. The loose hairs hanging over his eyes complemented his face. Perhaps a friend of his? Considering his other strange appearance, he also strangely dug a hole and disappeared in it. Then again, Hisoka was striking you with more questions.

───────

Hisoka spotted his next prey: Leorio and Kurapika. Your heart skipped a beat when you realized his bloodlust is not safe around anyone, especially around your new friends. Those two don't stand a chance against him but you wanted to stick around for more. A single swipe of his cards on their neck and they're done for. Your curiosity to know what it is he wanted to show you was sky-rocketing. You needed more.

After Hisoka presented himself in their space, there was tension in the air. Gon stayed from a distance, continuing to conceal his presence. Kurapika quickly resolved the unexpected dilemma by giving up a tag and placing it in a tree. Good choice. The two faded into the woods and left me staring at the unsatisfied magician, joker, murderer. Him and you are not all that different. Watching him struggle was a familiar and painful sight.

With the encounters piling up, you barely noted the night fall upon you. The darkness helped the tension thicken. His lust was growing. You couldn't help but notice how scared Gon was. Shaking and sweating, he stood back and whitnessed the blood-curdling man unleash his true intentions. Waves of aura crash through the ground around his feet. There's no movement from his body. His gaze relaxed on the bark of the tree. You could only imagine the strain from being in this exam with such overwhelming lust. A smile sprawled across your face as the fun will begin soon.

Unlike your urges, he plays with his food. He likes to tease his opponents by claiming they're not ready. Claiming he's excited but refusing a fight. All he wants is to fight but he rejects unnecessary opportunities. The very fine difference between you and Hisoka is the timing. Your food gets cold in your eyes.

───────

A twitch from his hand broke the tension. A rather beautiful sunrise gleamed through the trees upon looking up from the sudden movement. You notice Gon flinched at it as well. The island is such an incredibly beautiful piece of land with a petrifying man standing on it. Nothing mattered to him more than to feel the pain inflicted on someone at the moment.

Hisoka led the way to our next destination. Gon's final chance to steal his tag had to be now but that didn't worry you. If he's managed to stay hidden from this genius, he can manage to steal his badge as well. It didn't take long for him to come across another applicant. Like you did before, he bolted past the trees at the first glance at a human. He whips a card out to slice the man's neck. As Hisoka was distracted, Gon casted his fishing rod straight at his tag. He hinged onto it with no problem and it landed on his hand. Gon did it.